Last Updated on September 23, 2023 by Amanda P. Brown
Chicken Tahari is a tantalizing one-pot dish from South Asia. Pakistan one of the most wanted rice recipes it is. It features succulent chicken pieces cooked with fragrant spices and long-grain rice, resulting in a savory and aromatic meal. Explore the recipe below to learn the secrets to creating this mouthwatering meal.
Chicken Tahari is a cherished classic. It’s a blend of tender chicken with fragrant rice. Traditionally, it embodies home-cooked comfort. Vibrant spices infuse an inviting aroma as flavors mingle in perfect harmony. As a savory delight, it’s served on special occasions. Additionally, it envelops gatherings with its rich taste and heartwarming essence.
Keywords: Chicken tahari
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
Calories: 1 Serving (1 cup cooked) = average 485 cal
Preparation Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 30M
Total Time: 1H
- Chicken: 600 gms
- Rice: 2 Cups (Soaked)
- Oil :1 tablespoon
- Ginger-Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
- Yogurt: 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder: ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds: ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder: ½ tsp
- Fresh Lemon Juice: 2 tsp
- Onion Slices: 1 Cup
- Green Chilies: 4 to 5
- Tomatoes: ½ Cup (Cubes)
- Water: ½ Liter
- Whole Garam Masala: Cloves (5), Cinnamon (3”), Anise (1), Black Pepper (15), Bay Leaves (2)
- Mix ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, and spices. Then, Coat the chicken with them. Next, drizzle some lemon juice on it. Marinate for (30) mins.
- Heat oil and pop cumin seeds. Pop whole garam masala. Sauté onion till pink. Include marinated chicken sear. Then, put green chilies and tomatoes. Now, it's time to Cook till oil surfaces.
- Pour water, cover, and simmer for 30 mins for tenderness.
- Wash with water and then soak the 2 cups of rice for 15 mins.
- Add soaked rice and salt to the chicken. Gently mix. Cover, cook 20-25 mins.
- Start high heat for 7-8 mins, then medium/low for steaming. it is ready to serve hot.
How to Serve?:
- Serve your chicken tahari on the plate and ensure a harmony of chicken and rice. Then pair this rich flavor delight with some fresh, crisp veg salad. It will enhance your meal experience more.
You May Also Like to Read
- 10 Most Popular Pakistani Rice Recipes- You Must Try
- Pulao Biryani Recipe
- 15 Tastiest Indian Food That Starts With N
- 15 Indian Chicken Dishes Name List – Pro Food Recipes
- 15 Delicious Bengali Fish Dishes