Last Updated on November 9, 2022 by Amanda P. Brown
New York City is the home of many well-named, classic iconic restaurants worldwide. New Yorkers and outers usually enjoy their self-treat, date, and family time. However, Which of these restaurants will be suitable for your next plan? The curiosity of trying something new will often make you face this question – What is the most famous restaurants in New York City?
In this article, I present the 10 best New York City restaurants that can satisfy your curiosity and hunger in an elegant environment with exceptional food taste and great hospitality.
However, some restaurants can astonish you with their iconic appearance and unique arrangements, such as Grand Central Oyster Bar and restaurant, La Grenouille, the Russian tea room, and Sylvia – the queen of soul food.
What is the Most Famous Restaurants in New York City?
Let’s know the 10 best restaurants in detail below that will fit your demand.
1. La Grenouille
La Grenouille, since 1962, has served New Yorkers exquisitely glamorous food in an elegant setting through traditional family cuisine. This historic restaurant won awards, love, and fame for its fantastic services.
This high-rated restaurant in New York has also gained international status and popularity. You can move there to enjoy this fabulous restaurant’s exquisite cuisine in a beautiful environment.
- Appetizers: Chilled Asparagus Vichyssoise, Three Cheese Onion La Grenouille’s Classic Split pea soup, Chilled oysters-Mignonette sauce, Baked little neck clams, Artichoke heart Carpaccio-devilled egg-citrus dressing, Warm lobster medallion salad-avocado-grapefruit vegetable vermicelli.
- Main Dishes: Asparagus-cheese omelette, Grilled salmon, chicken Caesar salad, cheese, mushroom soufflé, smoked salmon club sandwich, Pan seared scallop-puff pastry-Asparagus-wild mushrooms- Beurre Blanc sauce, La Grenouille’s classic whitefish-Quenelles champagne sauce, grilled seafood medley-tarragon “beurre Blance”-Candied tomatoes-peas. Grilled “minute” steak-potato-Onion rings-Mustard Hollandaise, Royal Ossetra Caviar, Blinis,
- Desserts: Box of “petit Fours” Cookies, Lemon-Raspberry Tartelette, Mixed Berries-Red minted coulis, Floating island-Caramelized Almonds-vanilla Custard sauce, assorted cheese plate-fresh and dried fruit.
- 3 E 52nd St, New York, NY 10022, United States
- Wednesday- (4.30-9.30)
- Thursday- (4.30-9.30)
- Friday- (4.30-9.30)
- Saturday – (4.30-9.30)
- Sunday – closed
- Monday- closed
- Tuesday- closed
Source: La Grenouille
Lombardi’s is a long-standing New York institution and is often considered the city’s best pizza. It all began for the Lombardi family in 1905. Lombardi made a fantastic pizza recipe that gained much appreciation from New Yorkers.
Not only pizza, but their other items also demand. Enjoy Lombardy’s specialty pizzas in a grand and elegant setting with your family.
- Popular items: Pepperoni, pancetta, and onion, original margherita pizza,
- Beverages: Bottled water, canned soda
- Pasta: Buddy’s cake boss pizza, pesto pie, clam pie, spinach-ricotta-pancetta, spinach and tomato, Meatball and ricotta
- Pizza: White ricotta pizza, Stromboli, Calzone
- Salads and AppetizersCaesar salad, tomato, mozzarella, House spring mix, Grandma Grace’s meatballs, wings, and Classic iceberg.
- Speciality pizza: Sausage-peppers-onion, rustic double pepperoni pizza
- Classic Chicken specialties: Chicken Milanese, Classic parmigiana
- Desserts: Cannoli, cheesecake slice
- Wings: Italian wings, Buffalo wings
- 32 spring street, New York, NY 10012
- Sunday – (12.00 – 10.00) pm
- Monday- (12.00 – 10.00) pm
- Tuesday- (12.00 – 10.00) pm
- Wednesday- (12.00 – 10.00) pm
- Thursday- (12.00 – 10.00) pm
- Friday- (12.00 pm – 12.00 am)
- Saturday- (12.00 pm – 10.00 am)
3. Katz’s Delicatessen
Katz’s Delicatessen is arguably the oldest deli in New York. Katz’s signature mile-high sandwich is the most popular food item.
Moreover, deli classic dishes are another great attraction of this restaurant. This most iconic deli can make your time great. Its extraordinary appearance and graceful environment can undoubtedly influence you to go there again.
- Favorites: Corned beef sandwich, pastrami sandwich, Reuben, half sandwich with matzoh ball soup, sandwich package (for 2, 3, 4, and 6), brisket sandwich, frankfurter, square potato knish, potato latkes.
- Meals: Katz’s Sandwich Package for 4-6, Katz’s Sandwich Package for 3-4, Katz’s Sandwich Package for 2
- Hot Sandwiches : Katz’s Corned Beef Sandwich, Katz’s Turkey Sandwich, Katz’s Reuben, Combo Sandwich, Katz’s Pastrami Sandwich, Katz’s Brisket Sandwich, Half Sandwich with Chicken Noodle Soup, Katz’s Knoblewurst Sandwich, Half Sandwich with Split Pea Soup, Half Sandwich with Matzoh Ball Soup, Half Sandwich with House Salad
- Cold sand: Tongue Sandwich, Bologna Sandwich, Liverwurst Sandwich, Tuna Salad Sandwich, Egg Salad Sandwich, Roast Beef Sandwich. Chicken Salad Sandwich, Chopped Liver Sandwich, Hard Salami Sandwich, Soft Salami Sandwich.
- Soup, salad, and sides: Matzoh Ball Soup, Kishka (stuffed derma), Noodle Kugel, Chicken Noodle Soup, Nova Lox – by the 1/2 lb, Split Pea Soup, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Potato Latkes, Chopped Liver, Cheese Blintzes, Square Potato Knish, Round Knish (choose flavor), Steak Fries, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Tossed Green Salad, Cole Slaw.
- Grill and noshes: Frankfurter, Cheeseburger, Knoblewurst, Hamburger, Katz’s Cheesesteak, Kids Cheeseburger,Kids Burger.
- Platter: Chicken Salad Platter, Hot Open Faced Sandwich Plate, Dinner Platter, Deli Rye, Three Meat Platter, Tuna Salad Platter, Egg Salad Platter
- Desserts: Black & White Cookie, NY Cheesecake, Rugelach, Babka
- Beverages: Katz’s Seltzer, Katz’s Water, Dr. Brown’s Soda, Iced Tea, Lemonade Canned Soda – Pepsi products.
- Breakfast: Bagel and cream cheese, Bagel-Lox and cream cheese, Oversized Omelet
- Package : PACKAGED ITEMS, Sauerkraut – 8 oz jar, Half Sour Pickles – 1 Quart, Turkey by the Pound (Sealed), Hot Pastrami by the 1/2 lb, Hot Brisket by the 1/2 lb, Pastrami by the Pound (Sealed), Hot Turkey by the 1/2 lb, Full Sour Pickles – 1 Quart, Full Sour Pickles – 1 Quart, Brisket by the Pound (Sealed), Corned Beef by the Pound (Sealed), Reuben Dressing – 8 oz jar, Hot Corned Beef by the 1/2 lb, Deli Mustard – 8 oz jar, Deli Rye, Nova Lox – by the 1/2 lb.
- 205 East Houston Street (corner of Ludlow St), New York City, 10002
- Monday-Thursday – 8.00 am-11.00 pm
- Open Friday –: 8.00 am – Sunday – 11.00 pm
(Now, open 24 hours on weekends)
Source: Katz’s Delicatessen
4. Keens Steakhouse
New York’s oldest steak house is keens chophouse. The restaurant has a unique appearance with historical artifacts like Albert Einstein’s smoking pipe. You can make your festival night more gorgeous by celebrating in keens steakhouse.
- Starters: Truffle Caesar salad, mixed baby lettuces, Brooklyn Burrata, Foie gras parfait, Grilled octopus, venison tartare.
- Pastas: Mezzi tomato rigatoni, wild mushroom risotto, squid ink linguine.
- Mains: Hudson valley duck breast, olive oil poached halibut, queens burger, Swiss mushroom burger.
- Sides: Brussels sprouts, macaroni, cheese, kombucha pickled beets, French fries, sesame daikon salad.
- Desserts: After eight, spiced pumpkin and carrot cake, a selection of 5 cheese, s’mores, house-made ice cream and sorbets, and sticky toffee pudding.
- Drinks: Lustau, Graham’s fine ruby port, nightcap, green or yellow chartreuse.
- 72 West 36th street, New York, NY 10018, USA
- Saturday- 5.00 pm to 10.30 pm
- Sunday – 5.00 pm to 9.30 pm
- Monday to Friday- 11.45 am to 10.30 pm
Source: Keens Steakhouse
5. The Russian Tea Room
The Russian tea room is a world-known cultural institution that embraces magical attire and is an excellent treasure of delicious, unique cuisine and world-class luxurious services. That’s why it gains exceptional adoration across the world.
It will never disappoint its customer. Their services, appearance, and hospitality will surely astound you.
- Viennoiserie: Raspberry basket, mixed basket, pain aux amandes, glazed Doughnut, pain au chocolat, Croissant, Blueberry muffin.
- Brunch specials: Truffle quiche, smoked salmon platter, French toast, three buttermilk pancakes, Czar’s eggs, eggs benedicts.
- Eggs: Caviar omelette, two eggs, egg white omelette, scrambled eggs with Scottish smoked salmon.
- Sides: Smoked sausage, toast, bacon.
- Mains: Mushroom salad, tea room salad, onion soup, traditional tea room red borscht, Blinchik, Caviar tasting, grilled salmon, chicken Caesar salad, RTR sliders, Kulebyaka, Cotelette a la Kiev, RTR Burger.
- Desserts: Chocolate Mi-cuit, Famous tea room blintzes, crème brulee, Tiramisu, select cheeses.
- Tea selection: Earl grey, Russian morning, Darjeeling, Prince Vladimir, English breakfast, Green tea, lung Ching, Wuyi oolong, jasmine green tea, hoji cha, winter white earl grey, herbal tea.
- Caviar: Sevruga loz, Siberian ostera loz, Italian white sturgeon loz, California white sturgeon loz, wild Alaskan Salmon Roe loz.
- Drinks: Champagne, soda, Bloody Mary, Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino, Café au Lait, Latte.
- 150 W 57th St, New York, NY 10019, USA
- Sun-Fri: 11AM-11PM
Source: The Russian Tea Room
- 32 Restaurants Serving Thanksgiving Dinner Near Me
- 10 Best Restaurants Serving New Year’s Day Brunch Near Me
6. Minetta Tavern
Minetta Tavern started its expedition in 1975 by Keith. New York’s MacDougal Street is always bustling with Minetta Tavern guests. Their heart-warming welcome and unique recipes can make your day.
You can grab their best recipes, especially cheese-free burgers decked with slippery caramelized onions and dry-aged beef. You will surely love them.
- Specialties: Fliet mignon sauce au poivre, dry-aged cote de boeuf, bone-In New York strip.
- Hors D’oeuvres: Butter lettuce salad, Soupe A logon, house-cured salmon tartine, mixed fruit, Belgian waffle, Country duck terrine, charred octopus, New England clam chowder, Caesar salad, roasted bone marrow, country duck terrine, Nicoise salad, endive salad, yellowfin tuna Crudo,
- Entrees: Lobster roll, Minetta French dip, house-made ricotta cavatelli, roasted bone marrow, black label burger, bone-in New York strip, boeuf bourguignon, black sea bass, lobster roll, Omelette, black label burger, Moules Frites, Arctic char “A LA grenobloise, Minetta burger, ricotta cavatelli, honey glazed smoked li duck breast,
- Panier: Apple strudel, Pain au chocolat, Crossiant, Cannele.
- Sides: Thick-cut bacon, sautéed spinach, grilled tomatoes, haricots verts, spinach-garlic, petite salade, champignons poeles.
- Desserts: Chocolate mousse, coconut cake, sorbets and ice cream, citrus pannacotta, sorbets and ice cream, Apple tart, lemon mandeleines, soufflé for two, assiette de fromages.
- 113 MacDougal Street, NYC
- Saturday to Sunday – 11.00 am to 3.30 pm
- Supper-Daily 11.00 pm to 12.00 am
- Lunch-Thursday to Friday – 12.00 pm to 3.30 pm
- Dinner- Daily 5.00 pm to 11.00 pm
Source: Minetta Tavern
Sylvia’s restaurant has known as the queen soul of food for its unique cuisine. This restaurant started its expedition in 1962 and has gained another identity in the world’s kitchen.
They continuously offer authentic soul food for over half a century. For foodies, Sylvia proves itself as a great place.
- Appetizers: Sylvia’s sassy wings, Fried shrimp, chicken livers, salmon bites, and catfish fingers.
- Chicken selections: Sylvia’s down-home fried or smothered chicken, oven-baked half chicken.
- Combinations: Seafood combo-shrimp and fish, Sylvia’s world-famous bar-b-que ribs, and fried or smothered chicken
- Beef selections: BBQ short ribs of beef, golden fried, Sylvia’s world-famous bar-b-que ribs.
- Lunch specials: Smothered chicken leg, Salmon croquettes, Chicken livers, fried whiting, and a fried chicken leg.
- Seafood selections: Tasty Carolina-style fried or grilled catfish, Grandma Julia’s cornmeal fried whiting, shrimp- golden fried grilled or BBQ.
- Desserts: Sweet potato pie, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, coconut cake, peach
- Sides: Candied yams, baked macaroni, cheese, string beans, black-eyed peas, garlic mashed potatoes, grits, cornbread, Sylvia’s brown gravy, Sylvia’s sassy BBQ sauce.
- Beverages: Sylvia’s uptown, Lemonade, iced tea.
- 328 Malcolm Blvd, New York, NY 10027
- Sunday to Tuesday – 11 am to 8 pm
- Wednesday to Saturday – 11 am to 10 pm
8. Grand Central Oyster Bar and Restaurant
The Grand Central Oyster Bar and restaurant is amongst the city’s oldest and most renowned eating establishments. This incredible landmark comprises the city’s most prominent and freshest seafood recipes.
If you are a seafood lover, you can take it to your priority list and fix your next outing to this restaurant. Whenever you go, you will always get them prepared. You can get more benefits during happy hour with their unique discounts.
- Appetizers: Bloody mary oyster shooter, Clams casino, oyster Rockefeller, fried oyster, tartar sauce, caviar sandwich, caujon fried popcorn shrimp with creole remoulade, Maine lobster Cocktail, marinated dutch herring, oyster bar house green salad.
- Cold buffet: The foursome of seafood salads, jumbo shrimp and jumbo lump crabmeat, Nicoise salad, and point Judith squid salad.
- Smokehouse: Smoked Idaho brook trout, Smoked North Atlantic salmon, eggs benedict.
- Fried seafood platters: Fried jumbo shrimp, fried coconut jumbo shrimp, fried grand central oyster bar blue point oysters.
- Non-seafood: Half-roasted chicken, grilled sirloin steak.
- Stews and Pan-roasts: Pan-roasted Shellfish with butter, cream, clam juice, oyster, lobster, and shrimp.
- Side dishes: Rice pilaf, vegetable Du jour, Parsley buttered steamed potatoes, creamed spinach, French fries.
- Homemade desserts: Rice pudding, Florida key lime pie, crème caramel, hot fudge sundae, strawberry.
- 89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, USA
- Monday- (11.30 am to 8.30 pm)
- Tuesday – (11.30 am to 8.30 pm)
- Wednesday- (11.30 am to 8.30 pm)
- Thursday – (11.30 am to 8.30 pm)
- Friday- (11.30 am to 8.30 pm)
- Saturday- Closed
- Sunday- Closed
Source: Grand Central Oyster Bar and Restaurant
Raoul’s started their journey in 1975 with the Raoul brothers, who belonged from Alaska. They started from a tiny business, and their hard work, excellent cuisine, and hospitality have won the hearts of New Yorkers.
They are well known for features such as a fireplace, celeb-spotting, good for groups, late-night dining, private dining/party sauce, and a classic NY bar scene. So, you can fix your next plan on Raoul’s table your moment will pass well surely.
Menu– Raoul’s Branch
- Main meal: Artichoke vinaigrette, Frisee lardon, Steak tartare, Oysters du jour, eggs “Norvegien”, Shakshuka, Crispy Softshell Crab sandwich, raoul’s burger au poivre, Moules frites.
- Sides: Watercress salad, hand cut pommes frites, Au poivre sauce
- Desserts: Profiteroles, banana coconut bread pudding, Crème Brulee.
- Tea: China green, Chamomile, Chai Walla, Darjeeling Black, Peppermint leaves.
- Coffee: Cappuccino, espresso, hot chocolate, American. French press small and large.
- Petits plats a partager: Jumbo Lump Crab Beignets with Fresno Chile remoulade, Bangs Island Mussels, Pate Maison with cornichon & Nicoise olives, Artichoke Vinaigrette with Raoul’s dressing, Bigeye Tuna “Saisi” with hearts of palm & Yuzu citronette, Oysters du Jour with mignonette & cocktail sauce, Shrimp Remoulade with wild arugula & horseradish, Sourdough Baguette / Country Wheat with Cowbella butter, radishes & Sel Gris.
- Entrees: Belgian Endive Salad with Hidden Springs sheep feta, La Belle Farms seared Foie Gras with pickled red onion & Surette a la Pommes, Charred Ruby Beets with chèvre, avocado & sumac vinaigrette.
- PLATS PRINCIPAUX: Green grapes & hazelnuts, Pennsylvania Trout with haricots verts & almonds, Roast Rack of Lamb, Coquille Saint Jacques, Socca Crepe with Swiss chard, feta & harissa labneh, Roast Chicken with “Jambalaya” risotto & charred scallion.
- Legumes: Haricot Verts, Pommes Frites, Baby Spinach, Pommes Mousseline.
- 180 prince St New York, NY
- Dinner- everyday start from -5 PM.
- Branch- Saturday and Sunday from- 11.00 am.
Cosme is one of the famous restaurants in the flatiron city in New York. Their special arrangements will amaze you on any occasion. They always try to offer you traditional and seasonal foods with high shine ingredients and their special cuisine tips.
Even their beverage program will surprise you. Their heartwarming hospitality with today and the surrounding region both taste will both push you surely to love cosme.
- Branch: SHRIMP AGUACHILE, ARCTIC CHAR, CUCUMBER, HERB GUACAMOLE, CORN TOSTADAS, WASABI-AVOCADO, AYOCOTE BEANS, GREENS, NOPAL, ANCHOVIES, VUELVE A LA VIDA-AVOCADO-HORSERADISH, BASS-A-LA MEXICANA TOSTADA, Green with chicken or Red with egg, CORN OMELETTE, QUELITES, CHILAQUILES, QUESO FRESCO, Epazote or Mushroom, LAMB BARBACOA, CORNHUSK MERINGUE, Shishito peppers, Quelites, Avocado, Salsas, CHURROS, DULCE DE LECHE, BLACK BEANS, CHILE PASILLA, GRILLED MARKET VEGETABLES, Sorbet trio.
- Dinner: SCALLOP-CELERY ROOT-YUZU AGUACHILE, MOLE DE LA CASA-QUELITES-GOLDEN SESAME, BLACK SESAME TAMAL-CARAMEL- PALANQUETA, HALIBUT MONE, FARRO ESQUITES-GOAT GOUDA, MILPA TAMAL, KAMPACHI PASTRAMI SOPE- SIKIL P’AAK-MUSTARD, AYOCOTE BEANS-MARKET GREENS-NOPAL-ANCHOVIES, DUCK CARNITAS-ONIONS-RADISHES-CILANTRO,OCTOPUS TOSTADA-PASILLA MIXE-SORREL, KAMPACHI PASTRAMI SOPE-SIKIL P’AAK-MUSTARD, AYOCOTE BEANS-MARKET GREENS-NOPAL-ANCHOVIES, EGGPLANT TLAYUDA-MUSHROOMS-SUNCHOKES, SPICED ORANGE CAKE-FIGS, CHOCOLATE FLAN-TONKA BEAN, CORNHUSK MERINGUE, SORBETS.
- 35 E 21st ST, New York, NY 10010.
- Dinner- Monday to Sunday- (5.30 pm to 10.30 pm)
- Brunch- Saturday and Sunday- (noon to 3)
What is the most famous restaurants in New York City? Above, I present the 10 best restaurants in New York that you can check out for your next outing. They all are great and comprise uniqueness. So, to explore a new experience, try them on your festive evening with your dears or give yourself a self-treat.
You May Also Like to Read:
- What Food is California Famous for?
- 12 Traditional Mexican Christmas Desserts
- Popular Hispanic Christmas Food Recipes