Last Updated on June 18, 2021 by Amanda P. Brown
There are different types of birthday cake. Again, many flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, lemon, strawberry, etc., are the most famous ones. Girls usually like chocolate and vanilla flavor for their birthday cake. So let’s talk about a recipe for 3 tier birthday cake for girl.
How to Make a Homemade 3 Tier Birthday Cake for Girl?
The cake is a portion of delicious food that makes any occasion special. It’s like a symbol of any good news or any special occasion. Cake signifies that the day is special. That’s why whenever we hear any good news, we celebrate it by cutting a cake. It is considered that a birthday is the most important and special day in anyone’s life. Without a birthday cake, the party looks dull enough.
We will discuss a 3 tier birthday cake of vanilla flavor. Here each tier will be soft, buttery, and moist. Just follow all the steps carefully.
3 Tier Vanilla Cake Recipe for Girls
Ingredients for the 11-inch Bottom Tier
- Three Cups White Flour (400g)
- Three Large Eggs and Two Egg Whites (Must)
- Half Cup Sour Cream
- Baking Powder One and ½ Tablespoon
- Full-fat Milk 3/ 4cups
- Sugar 400g
- Salt 1-Teaspoon Salt
- Two Tables Spoon Vanilla Extract
- One and ½ Cup Butter (400
Ingredients for the 9-inch Middle Tier
- Cake Flour: 2-Cups (300g)
- Two Large Eggs and One Egg Whites( Must Be Room Temperature)
- Sour Cream: Full Fat 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- Baking Powder: 1-Tablespoon
- Milk, Full Fat: 2/3 Cup(180ml) Full Fat
- 2-Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1-Cup Oil or Unsalted Butter (300g)
- One ½ablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for 6-Inch Top Tier
- Cake Flour: 1 Cups (200g)
- 2 Eggs
- Full Fat 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- Baking Powder: 1 Teaspoon
- Milk, Full Fat:1/ 2 Cup(180ml) Full Fat
- 1 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Oil or Unsalted Butter (200g)
- One Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Method of Baking a Vanilla Cake
1. Whip the Sugar and Egg
Beat the sugar and egg, egg white, vanilla extract together for a maximum of 7 minutes. Keep beating until it becomes glossy and chick and changes from yellow to white. Then add sour cream and beat again. There will be a created aeration during this, and this step is the main key to have a soft, fluffy birthday cake. Even try to keep beating; otherwise, the air will knock out. Now, add the butter and beat the mixture thoroughly until it turns into a smooth paste.
2. Gradually Add Flour
After beating the egg and sugar, add one by one flour, salt, baking powder. Before adding, we first whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together. Then add it into the egg mixture in 3 dots. Don’t add all the flour mixture together into the egg’s liquid. Now slowly add milk until it combined perfectly with the mixture and whisk with hand. Make sure no lumps are there at the bottom. Then the batter will be thick slightly. Now the batter is ready for baking.
3. Prepare the Other Layer
After you are done with the bottom tier of the cake batter, make the middle and top layer batter exactly this way with the fixed ingredients.
4. Prepare the Pan
Preparing the cake pan is important. First, spread a small amount of butter or vegetable oil in the pan. Then cut a wax paper perfectly to fit in the cake pan and insert the paper into it. Again spread some butter. This will ensure that the cake will not stick with the pan.
After the mix, the cake batter, then pour it into the pan and bake.
Baking time depends on the size of the cake layers. Such as, for
- 6-inch cakes baking time is 25 to 30 minutes
- 9-inch cakes baking time is 35 to 40 minutes
- 11-inch cakes baking time 55 to 60 minutes
- Maintaining the time to bake all the cake layers properly.
After baking each layer, took out the cake from the oven and let it be cool. Make sure that before decorating, all the layers must have to be cool.
- Take a large knife and sliced off the top surface of all the cake layers. This will create a flat surface. Now spilled the layers slowly with a large knife. Now comes to frost the cake. Try with a crumb coat. This initial frosting will work as a base coat; in this way, frost all the 11inch layers. To set the crumb coat, chill it for 30 minutes.
- Now make the frosting of 9-inch layers as you have done for the 1st batch of the cake layer. Then place the 9-inch layers on the cake board to apply the crumb coat and place it in the refrigerator. Please, the same goes for the 6-inch tier and put it in the refrigerator.
- Now take the bottom tier from the fridge and set it on the cake board. Now carefully place the cake on the cake stand or serving platter.
- Next, measuring the cake height, cut the 9-inch cake to match. Spacing the cake 3 inches apart from 4 corners of the square, Insert the 9-inch cake on the top of the 11inch layer. Then push the middle layer straight down to touch the bottom layer. Set the 6-inch layer similarly on the very center of the middle cake layer.
- After setting the three tiers on top, you can again frost around the bottom of the cake.
Now the cake is ready, and now you can decorate it with artificial flowers, pearls, and whatever fresh and clean things you want. After a few hours, the cake and frosting will all set, and you can refrigerate it too for up to 1 week, covering with any leftover tightly.
So this was the easiest recipe for a vanilla 3 tier birthday cake for girl. If you want something unique in your cake, you can make the 3 tier cake with 3- different flavors. So, following the above recipe you cake make this cake very easily.
Besides, a cake contains milk, egg, sugar, and flour as the main ingredients, and these ingredients are the primary sources of carbohydrates. It’s a great source of boosting energy to help you keep awake. However, some people have restricted diets and skip the creamy portion.
However, you don’t need to wait for birthdays or any occasions to make a cake because you can make this simple cake quickly and easily whenever you want to have a bite of vanilla cake. Obviously, it doesn’t need to have an occasion to cut a cake. To represent the sharing of happiness and togetherness, you can make a cake anytime. So make a cake, share joy, and enjoy your life.