Last Updated on August 6, 2022 by Amanda P. Brown
South American food cuisines are famous around the world. Initially, the Europeans brought their foods, livestock, and cuisines to South America when they came here. They cultivate sweet potatoes, lima beans, peanuts, chocolates, and avocado in South America and raised pigs and llamas. The Europeans developed the tradition and taste of foods depending on the South American region.
But nowadays, some modern cuisines are not organized by European tastes or techniques. South Americans are making their modern cuisines with new cooking techniques. Nowadays, the rest of the world is interested in South American cuisines and foods. Their unique methods of food cooking attract the world. Below, we will describe some best South American food recipes, which are very simple to make.
5-Best South American Food:
Table of Contents
- Chaufa Rice
- Churrasco with Chimichuri
- Shrimp and Grits
1. Chaufa Rice
This is a traditional South American Chinese fried rice, which is a mix of vegetables, eggs, meats, ginger, rice, and soy sauce. The colorful Chaufa rice is known from the Peru of South America, which tastes are excellent.
- 4 Cups Cooked Rice
- 2- Eggs
- Diced Red Bell Pepper
- Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Tablespoon Chopped and Peeled Ginger
- Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced Cooked Chicken
- Bunch Sliced Scallions
Take a large frying pan on a high flame and heat 2- tablespoons of oil. Whisk eggs, ground pepper, and salt into a small pot. Fry the eggs in the pan and scrambled them. Pour 2- tablespoons of oil into a similar large pan. Then assemble ginger, bell pepper, and scallion into it. Cook it for about 3 minutes.
Then heat the cooked chicken together with it. Add soy sauce, cooked rice, scrambled eggs, and salt into it. Mix everything well and sauté it for 3 to 4 minutes. Your Chaufa rice is ready.
Nutrition Facts: (Per Serving)
- 17g Protein
- 18g Fat
- 560 Calories
- 79g Carbohydrates
2. Rogel (Dulce De Leche Cake)
This creamy Rogel is originally from Argentina but also known as dulce de leche cake. Rogel is a yummy dessert item that is luscious and famous in South America.
- 400g Flour
- 8- Egg Yolk
- 2- Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 1 Kg Dulce De Leche
- 2- Tablespoons of Butter
- 2- Tablespoons Water
- 3- Teaspoons Caster Sugar
- 3- Eggs White
- Using a large bowl to beat up the butter.
- Add water, sugar, flour, and yolks.
- Beat it well until smooth.
- Make this mixture in 10 equal portions of pieces. Rest it for about 25-30 minutes and wrap it. After that, make a 20cm round roll for each piece. Use a fork to prick each roll.
- Expand this on a baking tray. You must bake it in the preheated oven at about 240 degrees C. It takes 7-minutes to bake. Create a stack in each of the cakes and cover the round with dulce de leche.
- Beat sugar and egg whites all together until it becomes foam. Top the cake with this foam. Serve and enjoy.
- 1.5 hours is required to make this Rogel.
- 3g Protein
- 37g Carbohydrates
- 12g Fat
3. Churrasco with Chimichuri
Churrasco is a juicy barbecue dish that is well known in Brazil of South America. You can cook this mouth-watering grilling dish with pork, beef, chicken, or lamb.
- 2-pound Skirt Steak
- 1 Cup Sliced Onions
- 1 Cup of Orange Juice
- 1/3 Cup Grapeseed Oil
- 2- Teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 15 Cloves Smashed Garlic
- 2- Teaspoons Chile Flakes
- 3- Limes Juiced and Zested
- 1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 8- Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cups Cilantro, Chopped
- 4 Cup Cooked Rice (for Serving)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Parsley, Chopped
- Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Oregano, Chopped
- Unite Onions
- Orange Juice
- Garlic, Oregano
- Grapeseed Oil
Marinates them with sticks and leaves them for 24 hours in a large plastic bag. Then set the sticks on fire for grilling.
Mix the ingredients- chile flakes, salt, lime zest and juice, oregano, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, and parsley in a medium bowl. Cover and Rest it overnight on the refrigerator.
Dab some pepper and salt over the steak. Then cook the steak on every side on a hot grill until it looks brown. After that, switch the steak on a plate. If you want to make this recipe delicious, you can add lime juice and butter to the top.
Serve the steak with chimichurri and white rice.
- 37g Protein
- 5g Carbohydrates
- 15g Fat
4. Shrimp and Grits
This one bite of Shrimp and Grits gives you a heavenly taste. The combination of cheese, grits, bacon, and shrimp adds the best flavor to this dish. This dish is from Georgia, the Low Country of South America, and this can be an ideal breakfast for everybody, especially for anglers.
- 1 Pound Deveined and Peeled Shrimp
- 2- Tablespoons Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Cup Ground Grits
- 4 Cups of Water
- 3 Cups Cold Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 6- Slices Chopped Bacon
- Pepper and Salt
- 1 Cup Sliced Scallions
- 3- Tablespoons of Butter
- 4- Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- Clove Minced Garlic
- Cajun Seasoning
- Black pepper
- Onion Powder
- Old bay Seasoning
- Take a medium bowl on the stove, add 4 cups of water.
- Give some pepper and salt into it and boil it properly.
- Add grits, and stir it continuously.
- Add cold milk stir it for 2 minutes.
- Add cheese, butter, and mix properly.
- Cook another 5 or 6 minutes until it becomes creamy.
Now give some onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and seasoning over the dry shrimp. Fry the bacon on the frying pan. Then fry the shrimp on the same frying pan. Add chopped bacon, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, and scallions. Cook it for 2 or 3 minutes.
Serve shrimp with the grits mixture on the plate.
Nutrition Facts: (For serving 1 cup)
- 23g Protein
- 150mg Cholesterol
- 20g Fat
- 21g Carbohydrates
- 358 Total Calories
Fugazzeta is a sweet onion topped pizza in Argentina style. This pizza is made with stuffed cheese, which is popular in South America, known as Fugazza.
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 2- Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Yeast
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- 4 Cups Mozzarella
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 2- Sliced Onions
- Olive Oil
- To make Dough: Mix yeast and water in a large bowl. Add salt and flour with it. Knead the dough by hand. Let dough rest for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, knead the dough again and divide it into 2- equal balls; you can make 2 Pizza with this dough. Use olive oil to Grease the pizza pan. Place the dough about 1 cm thick in a pizza pan.
- Mix some olive oil with sliced onions.
- Give mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some black pepper and oregano on the top of the dough.
- Add 3 cups of onions to cover the pizza.
- Put the pizza pan in the oven and bake for 25-minutes. Serve immediately.
- 9.8g Protein
- 16.5mg Cholesterol
- 9.5g Fat
- 442mg Sodium
- 22.8g Total Carbohydrates
Where You Will Get the Best Food in South America?
There are many states in South America, and every state has different types of traditional foods and flavors. They make their food according to the area they live in. Many of us fond of South American dishes or cuisine.
In South America, you can find the best foods in different places; below, we have mentioned some places where you will find the best South American cuisine, and these are:
- Cartagena, Colombia
- Cusco, Peru
- Quito, Ecuador
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Lima, Peru
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Santo Andre, Brazil
- Santiago, Chile
- Jesus Maria, Peru
- Brasilia, Brazil
What Are the Most Common Foods in South America?
South American cuisine is a mix of indigenous, North American, and European cuisines. Many people think and believed that South American cuisine is best in the U.S.A. Many delicious common foods in South America are based on their own culture.
Here we have made a list of some common South American foods:
- Pamplona de Pollo
- Chaufa rice
South Americans are well-known for their unique cooking method. In 1955, when South American’s start their cuisines for the first time, many South American dishes have achieved good popularity around the world. They have many iconic dishes based on their region that peoples love to eat. South Americans’ foods also influence Latin Americans. There are various regional dishes in South America, and you will typically find the most prized recipes in common.
In South America, several foods are eaten on different occasions. And a large number of people in the world are curious about South American dishes. On the above, we have tried our best to narrate about the South American food recipes. We hope you have enjoyed this article.
You May Also Like to Read:
- Popular Hispanic Christmas Food Recipes
- Indian Street Food That You Must Try
- Traditional Mexican Christmas Desserts