Oolong tea is descended from an ancient tea variety known as “Dragon-Phoenix.” This tea’s loose-leaf style resembles dragon tails. It has a strong woody and thick flavor with roasted aromas or fruity and sweet flavors with honey.
If you want to know more about oolong tea or how to make oolong tea taste better, then follow this article and enhance the flavor of oolong tea. I have listed here some delicious oolong tea recipes with the best unique flavors.
5-Popular Recipes for How to Make Oolong Tea Taste Better
For tea lovers, here I will share 5-special oolong tea recipes, which will surely satisfy you. They are-
- Strawberry Cheese Tea
- Oolong Milk Tea
- Sparkling Oolong Lemongrass Ginger Tea
- Oolong Iced Tea
- Creamy Coconut Oolong Iced Tea
1. Strawberry Cheese Tea
This strawberry cheese tea with oolong, creamy toppings, and fresh strawberries is very trendy. I enjoy this tea most in the spring. This tea gives a sweet and salty taste like a milkshake. To make it more interesting, you can add some chocolate or caramel flavorings, as well as fruit flavors. I’m sure it will become your favorite drink after you try it.
- Strawberries: 8-ounces (fresh, rinsed, and cut into ½ inch cubes)
- Water: 3 ¼-cups
- Oolong Tea Leaves: 12-grams
- Sugar: 3-tablespoons
For Cheese Topping
- Sugar: 2-teaspoons plus 1- ½-tablespoon
- Whole Milk: 2-tablespoons
- Pinch of Salt
- Heavy Whipped Cream: ½-cup
- Cream Cheese: 20-grams
- Combine water and tea leaves in a pot. Place it on a medium flame for 11 minutes. Once it gets to boil, strain it into a jar.
- Then stir sugar with it. Keep the jar in the freezer for 6 hours.
- Blend strawberry cubes with 1 ½ tablespoon sugar and cold tea. Blend it until smooth.
- In the meantime, whip the cream cheese for one minute through an electric mixer. Then add egg with it and again beat for 2 minutes. Add salt, sugar, and whipping cream. Beat it for 2-3 minutes or until foamy, and there are remain no lumps.
- Pour the tea into serving glasses. Serve it with topping with cheese.
2. Oolong Milk Tea
In both Asia and Europe, oolong milk tea is a popular beverage. If you desire milk tea, you can easily prepare this sweet and simple oolong tea at home. To sweeten the drink, you can add brown sugar or honey with it. Also, you can add ginger to make it a spicy drink.
- Sugar: 1-tablespoon
- Oolong Tea Leaves: 2-tablespoons
- Milk: ½-cup
- Water: 1-cup
- Ice: For serving
- Boil water in a saucepan into high heat. When it starts boiling, add oolong tea leaves and let it simmer into low heat for 5minutes.
- Add milk and sugar. Again simmer it for 2 minutes. Now turn off the flame.
- Drip the tea into the jar and put it in the fridge for cooling.
- Filter the tea and separate the tea leaves. Serve it into a tall glass with ice on the top.
- Total Calories-106
3. Sparkling Oolong Lemongrass Ginger Tea
This sparkling oolong Lemongrass Ginger Tea has all the benefits of ginger tea with the flavor of a lovely lemongrass scent. This drink is refreshing and delightful, making it ideal for a light afternoon. Make it with just-5 simple ingredients.
- Sparkling Water: 2-cups
- Oolong Tea Leaves: 2-tablespoons
- Water: 4-cups
- Fresh Lemongrass Stalks: 2 to 3-stalks
- Ginger: 1-tablespoon (thinly sliced, peeled)
- Combine ingredients tea leaves, lemongrass, and ginger in a small pot. Boil it on medium to high flame. After boiling, turn off the flame.
- Now add ice in a pitcher or a jar. Filter the tea and drip it into the ice jar.
- Add sparkling water with it. Use lemon wedges on the top for garnish.
- Now it’s time to enjoy!
4. Oolong Iced Tea
Though black tea is more preferred for iced tea, oolong tea is also a perfect choice to make iced tea. Making cold oolong tea is as simple as preparing a cup of hot tea and then adding ice. It’s a cool, refreshing, and healthy tea drink that’s ideal for a hot summer day. This tea is also quite delicious and sweet to taste.
- Ice: 1-cup
- Warm Water: 1-cup
- Oolong Tea Leaves: 1-heaping teaspoon
- Honey: 1/4 to ½-teaspoon
- Add tea leaves into the warm water. Let it boil for 6 minutes.
- Then filter the tea and serve the tea into glasses.
- Serve it with ices over the top.
- Total Calories-5
5. Creamy Coconut Oolong Iced Tea
For a morning summer beverage, you can make this tea by adding some simple sweetener. You can add a raw strip of ginger on the top to make it more gorgeous. Learn how to make a creamy coconut oolong iced tea to stay hydrated all day.
- Salt: 1/16-teaspoon
- Boiling Water: ¾-cup
- Sweetener: according to taste
- Coconut Extract: ½-teaspoon
- Oolong Tea Leaves: 2-tablespoons (or can be used 2- bags of oolong tea)
- Vanilla Extract: 1-teaspoon
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: ¼-cup
- Put tea in boiling water and let it boil for 5 minutes more.
- In a jar, combine salt, coconut extract, sweetener, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Then add tea prepared boiled tea with it. Mix it to combine well.
- Add some ice with it and pour water as your desire. Serve and enjoy!
- Total Calories-27
Does Oolong Tea Taste Good With Milk?
Oolong tea with milk may be a newcomer to the world, but it has gained popularity due to its distinct flavor. When making black oolong, you can add a splash of milk to make the cup taste even better. Whole milk gives oolong a heavy texture, whereas oolong has a light texture. But, adding diary-free Nut-based milk is more suitable for making oolong tea.
Can I Drink Oolong Tea Every Day?
Drinking oolong is safe for every day until you consume it for a long time in high doses. Due to its high caffeine content, consuming more than 4 cups of oolong create some health problem like; nervousness, irritability, dizziness, seizures, headache, heartburn, sleep problems, confusion, vomiting, and ringing in the ears.
Is Oolong Tea a Fat Burner?
Most studies say that overweight people drink everyday oolong tea for six weeks to reduce their fat and body weight. Compared with the other teas, oolong tea contains higher caffeine to enhance their fat breakdown by 20%. It is only oolong that works in your body to reduce fat burn even when you are sleeping.
For tea people, oolong is a well-known beverage that is widely consumed, particularly in the United States. Oolong tea can be produced in various ways to enhance its flavor, but it all relies on how you prepare it. So, brewing this tea is a minor challenge.
Yet, if you go through this article, you will learn How to make Oolong Tea taste better. If you follow the recipes of this article, not only will you be able to prepare oolong tea with ease, but also these recipes will enhance the experience of your oolong tea for sure.
You May Also Like to Read:
- How to Make Matcha Tea Taste Good?
- How to Make Different Types of Green Tea?
- Different Types of Chai Recipes