Last Updated on July 25, 2023 by Amanda P. Brown
A whoopie pie is a delicacy made of 2 chocolate cake-like cookies and a creamy filling in the middle, known as black and whites, gobs, big fat Oreos, bobs, and even moon pies. Also, they’re pretty popular throughout the world, including America. Also, children adore their creamy, sweet, and delectable texture.
If you love whoopie pies and wish to save them for a longer period. But we are concerned about how to store whoopie pies. Moreover, this article explains how to store whoopie pies, whether they go bad, how long they can be stored at room temperature, etc. Let us take a look at it:
How to Store Whoopie Pies
Table of Contents
If you want to store whoopie pies for an extended period. Below are a few ways to save whoopie pies:
- You can keep your Whoopie Pies in the freezer if you wish to save them for a long time. In this case, you can store your whoopie pies individually in plastic foil or wrap. And store them in the freezer in an airtight container or freezer bag. Which lasts for 2 to 3 months.
- You can also store your Whoopie Pie in a ziplock bag. Also, you can use Ziplock bags if you lack an airtight container. However, put each whoopie pie in a Ziploc bag. And seal the bag tightly so air cannot enter. Which helps keep your whoopie pie fresh.
- You can use airtight containers such as glass or plastic containers to store whoopie pies, which helps to keep your whoopie pies moisture free and fresh.
- You can keep your whoopie pies in an airtight container by wrapping them with plastic wrap. This keeps your whoopie pie from sticking together and drying out.
- You can keep your whoopie pie in a dry and cool place. Because wet and excessively high temperatures prevent your Whoopie Pie from storing. But a cool and dry place helps keep your Whoopie Pie for a few days.
Can Whoopie Pies Go Bad?
Yes, after some time, Whoopie Pies can become bad. They can go bad if kept for an extended period or stored inappropriately. Also, if whoopie pies are not stored properly, they can get off-flavored, moldy, stale, and dry over time.
Moreover, you may increase the shelf life of your whoopie pies by carefully storing them. So they don’t spoil too quickly. For example, keep your whoopie pie in the freezer, in an airtight container, and a dry or cool place. This enables them to store for a longer period. Additionally, it would be best if you ate your whoopie pies within this shelf life; otherwise, they will go bad and harm your body.
How to Store Refrigerate Store-bought and Homemade Whoopie Pies?
There are typically two types of whoopie pies: homemade and store-bought. If you want to keep store-bought and handmade whoopie pies in the refrigerator. But you’re concerned about how to store them. However, below are the methods for storing homemade and store-bought whoopie pies in the refrigerator:
For Homemade Whoopie Pies
- First, let the homemade whoopie pies cool entirely.
- Then wrap whoopie pies in plastic or an airtight bag or container.
- You can layer them with parchment or wax paper to prevent sticking.
- At last, you can store the whoopie pies in the refrigerator, which lasts about 3 to 4 days.
For Store-bought Whoopie Pies
- First, you check the packaging of your store-bought whoopie pies and see if there are any manufacturer’s storage instructions.
- If you want to store your store-bought whoopie pies, wrap them in plastic or an airtight bag or container.
- Then in the refrigerator, you can save store-bought whoopie pies for a long time.
- Also, you need to pay attention to the expiry date on the packging and aim to eat them within that time range.
How Long Do Whoopie Pies Last
The shelf life of whoopie pies generally varies based on the ingredients used, temperature, and storage. Also, whoopie pies have variable shelf lives in the refrigerator, room temperature, and freezer. Let’s explore the table under to learn:
|Room temperature||5 days|
Can You Freeze Whoopie Pies?
Yes, whoopie pies can be freeze. When freezing whoopie pies, make sure that they are at room temperature first. And your whoopie pies are correctly sealed in a bag or airtight container. However, homemade whoopie pies can remain freeze for 2 to 3 months, whereas store-bought whoopie pies could be freeze for up to a year.
Can You Store Whoopie Pies at Room Temperature?
You can keep whoopie pies for 5 days at room temperature. You place your whoopie pie in an airtight bag or container correctly. And store them in a cool or dry area. Which helps keep your whoopie pie fresh for a few days.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Whoopie Pies?
Yes, pumpkin whoopie pies can be frozen. If you desire to save whoopie pies for a long period, then whoopie pies need to be kept in the freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container. Also, if you want to defrost your whoopie pies, remove them from the freeze, keep them at room temperature for at least 35 to 40 minutes, and enjoy.
Are Whoopie Pies the Same as Moon Pies?
No, whoopie pies and moon pies aren’t the same thing. Because they differ in filling, cookie base, and overall texture. Also, whoopie pies are usually created with 2 circular chocolate cake-like cookies sandwiched with a creamy filling. Whereas moon pies are made up of 2 circular graham cracker or cookie-like discs, Which have a marshmallow filling in the middle.
From the above article, you already know how to store whoopie pies. Generally, preserving the Whoopie pie is a necessary process that helps you to eat the pie for a longer time. You can also follow the creator’s recommendations for storing your Whoopie Pie. Hope following this article to store whoopie pie will be helpful to you.
You May Also Like to Read:
- How to Use Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey?
- Can I Make Cupcakes Without Liners?
- Why is My Smoothie Foamy? 10 Ways to Fix
- How Long Does Egg Salad Last in the Refrigerator?
- Can You Use Powdered Sugar in Tea?- 7 Alternatives