Last Updated on May 21, 2021 by Amanda P. Brown
Potato is a worldwide versatile ingredient in cuisines. People love to eat potatoes whether they are mashed, fried, roasted, or stewed. From breakfast to dinner, street food to restaurant, balanced diet menu to a barbecue party, you will find summer potatoes recipes everywhere. You can find it in light snacks and in heavy lunch curry too. Besides, we all do picnics, mainly in summer. In a picnic, potato recipes are a must on the easy vegetarian meals list. None forget to keep it in the basket during shopping.
Summer Potatoes Recipes
Therefore today, I am here with the best potato recipes for you, from crunchy French fries to yummy roadside samosas and, as obvious healthy but creamy potato salad. They are-
1.Samosas (Fried Potato-filled Pastries)
2.Barbecue Potato Chips
3.Potato Salad Hot Dog
4.Herbed French Fry
1. Samosas (Fried Potato-filled Pastries)
Samosas mainly belong to Indian snacks. It is an iconic snack that is puffed with spicy potatoes. You will find it in a triangular shape of deep-fried pastries. It is tasted so mouth-watering with the spicy chutney.
You can make approximately 20 samosas with the following ingredients.
- Flour: 3 cups
- Kosher Salt (To add taste)
- Coldwater: ¾ Cup
- Potatoes: ½ kg ( peeled and chopped)
- Carrots: 2 (chopped)
- Oil: 2-tablespoon (can add more if needed)
- Cumin seeds: 1-teaspoon
- Onion: 2-piece (chopped)
- Garam masala: ½ teaspoon
- Green Chillies: 2 small (add as per your taste)
- Unsalted butter: 8-tablespoons (chilled and cubed)
- Frozen peas: ¾ cup
- Mint: ¼ teaspoon (minced)
- Ginger: 1-piece (minced)
- Spicy chutneys for serving(optional)
- Make a malleable mixture of flour with liquid water, butter and salt. Add water gradually and pulse the flour. Divide it into 12 balls and cool it for 1 hour.
- Boil potatoes and carrots in a saucepan of salted hot water for up to 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and mash it.
- Add 2tbsp oil to the pan, heat over medium-high.
- Cock seeds of cumin for up to 2 minutes, add ginger and onion, cook until it becomes goldish brown.
- Let it be cool. Stir into potato mixture with mint, garam masala, peas, chilies, and salt.
- Take 1-ball and roll it around up to 6” round, then cut in half. Form a triangle cone by gathering straight edges of half together.
- Put the potato mixture into the cone and seal it by pinching.
- Heat 2” oil in the saucepan and fry samosas for 8-10 minutes until they become crispy.
- Drain it on paper tissues and serve them with your favorite chutneys or sauces.
2. Barbecue Potato Chips
People are too rare worldwide who don’t like the tangy and smoky flavored barbecue chips. It has a simple recipe. Anyone at home can easily make it. The benefits of making homemade barbecue chips are that you can alter the spice, amount of heat, or saltiness as per your own choices.
You can make nearly 10 ounces of chips from the following ingredients.
- Potatoes: 3-pieces (brown)
- Sugar: ½-tbsp
- Chilies Powder:1-bar spoon
- Ground mastered: ½-tbsp
- Paprika: 1-tbsp.
- Garlic Powder: 1/2tbsp
- Onion powder: 1/2tbsp
- Kosher salt (add as per your taste)
- Ground Cumin: ½-tbsp
- Canola oil
- Cayenne Pepper: ½-tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper: ½-tsp
- Peel the potatoes and slice them thick about 1/16.
- Keep the sliced potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Drain those and spread them out on paper tissue to dry.
- In a bowl, mix the chilies powder, sugar, onion powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, ground mustard, and ground black pepper.
- Heat oil 2tbsp. in a pan in medium-high heat
- Work in batches and fry potatoes for 3 to 5 minutes until they become goldish brown and crisp.
- Keep the fried ones to a paper tissue-lined serving plate.
- Add kosher salt to taste more.
3. Potato Salad Hot Dog
The hot dog is one of the most preferred summer recipes with potatoes, especially in the restaurant meal. But it possesses meat which is not suitable for health. Here you can add potato salad on a grilled sliced bun. Enjoy having it with an easy recipe.
You can make 4 to 8 Hot dogs using the following ingredients.
- Brown Potatoes: 1 lb. (peeled and chopped-1/4)
- Mayonnaise: ¼ cup
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Eggs: 3-pieces (hardboiled and chopped)
- Gherkins: 2 oz. (chopped)
- Shallot: 1-small (chopped)
- Capers: 3-tbsp (chopped)
- Lemon Juice: of 1-piece
- Parsley: 1-tbsp (well-chopped)
- Boil potatoes in a stockpot of salted water for 8 minutes in a medium-high heat
- Dain the water and make it cool under cold water
- Dry the water, then add all the rest of the ingredients
- Mix it well and put on a grilled bun of hotdog.
Note: You can also use red potato salad in this hot dog.
4. Herbed French Fry
Who doesn’t like to have crunchy spicy French Fries with sauces? But they have a lot of fat and salt that could increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. But you can’t control yourself having it. So what’s the solution? Try the herbed French Fry recipe and give yourself a healthy taste.
You can serve 8-people by following this recipe.
- Brown Potatoes: 4- big piece (chopped in ¼’’ stick)
- Canola oil
- Parmesan Grated: 2/3-cup
- Rosemary Leaves: ¼-chopped
- Kosher salt (add as per as your taste)
- Sage Leaves: ¼-cup (chopped)
- Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oil to a depth of 2’’ in a saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add half potatoes and cook for 8 minutes
- Keep the potatoes on a tissue covered plate and cool them for 30 minutes in the refrigerator
- Repeat the same procedures with the remaining half.
- Increase the heat of the oil and add chilled potatoes to it.
- Fry it for 2 minutes until it becomes browned and crisp.
- Keep the fries to a rack set over a baking sheet
- Add rosemary and sage oil and fry for 45 seconds
- Move the herbs to a paper tissue-lined plate to drain.
- Keep the fries in a bowl with the parmesan.
- Add salt and pepper, then toss gently.
Note: You have to fry it 2-times to make it more crispy.
What is the healthiest way to eat potatoes?
Baking potatoes with skin is one of the healthiest ways to cook them because baking potatoes with skin can retain more of its nutrients than cooking them in other ways. Besides, avoid adding too many unhealthy oils, cream, butter, cheese, ghee, and artificial flavoring in high amounts. Again, summer recipes with red potatoes are also the healthiest way to eat potatoes.
Potato is full of minerals as well as vitamins, including iron and potassium. It is the most acquainted vegetables in the cuisine. New potato recipes add a different taste level to our dining table and have excellent demands in summer. You can try any recipes using summer sausage and potatoes (above-mentioned) in your kitchen. Besides, if you have any queries regarding our summer potatoes recipes, leave a comment.