Last Updated on June 7, 2023 by Amanda P. Brown
Weight Watchers is a calorie tracking system that uses your height, gender, and weight to monitor your weight and recommend the most effective means of shedding excess pounds. WW helps you incorporate healthy eating and regular exercise into your life by analyzing your unique body system.
Nowadays, Weight Watchers are changing their food habits by adding meat items. Ground chicken is one of them. You will surprise to know that ground chicken is zero-point food. For this reason, many people keep an eye out for Weight Watcher Ground Chicken Recipes.
According to WW’s daily point system, the number of calories a chicken provides is around what the human body needs. This article offers some WW ground chicken recipe ideas that are given below.
Is Ground Chicken Fat Free?
Table of Contents
No, ground chicken does include some fat. Compared to ground beef, it has less fat. The type of chicken used and whether or not the skin is included can affect how much fat is included in ground chicken. Breast-meat-based ground chicken is often leaner than dark-meat-based or mixed-meat-based ground chicken.
The USDA estimates roughly 7 grams of fat in a 3-ounce portion of cooked ground chicken produced from breast flesh. However, a 3-ounce meal of cooked ground beef has about 15 grams of fat. Ground chicken, even if it is not completely fat free, is still preferable to ground beef.
Keep in mind that not all fats are undesirable. To function effectively, our bodies require a certain amount of fat, and some types of fat, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, can be good for us. The ground chicken contains 1.95 grams of saturated fat, 3.3 grams of monounsaturated fat, and 1.1 grams of polyunsaturated fat.
Try to find lean or extra-lean ground chicken, or switch to ground turkey if you’re concerned about the fat content. In order to maintain good health, a diet that includes fat should be balanced with other critical nutrients.
Weight Watcher Ground Chicken Recipes
1. Baked Chicken Meatballs
Lean protein and little fat are both included in this recipe. For those on a diet, this dish may be perfect.
- Ground chicken: 2 pounds
- Cooking spray as needed
- Grated Cheese: 1/2 cup parmesan
- Egg: 1
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Italian seasoning: 1 teaspoon
- panko breadcrumbs: 1 cup
- Pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
- Minced garlic: 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Chopped parsley: 1 tablespoon
- Spray cooking oil on the sheet pan. Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the cheese, seasoning, garlic, egg, oil, salt, breadcrumbs, and pepper in a medium bowl. Make meatballs 1 inch in diameter or as large as you like. Toss it.
- In the baking pan that has been prepared, place the meatballs. Baking results in browning. The baking process takes 20 minutes. Add some minced parsley to it before serving.
Nutrition Facts 29g protein, 185 mg cholesterol, 6g carbohydrates, 19g fat, and 310 calories.
2. French Chicken Burger
You will enjoy eating this deliciously seasoned burger. The flavor of this recipe is greatly enhanced by adding ground chicken and parmesan cheese. The simplest to prepare is also this burger. Weight Watchers can enjoy this as a one-time chicken meal.
- Raw chicken breast ground: 1 pound, 98% fat-free
- Shallot, uncooked and chopped: 1
- Dijon Mustard: 2 tablespoon
- ground black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried tarragon: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic clove: 1
- French bread: 2 slices
- Olive oil: 2 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Herbs: 1/2 teaspoon
- Breadcrumbs, dried and plain: 2 tablespoons
- Prepare the broiler rack with spray. Preheat it.
- Combine the tarragon, chicken, breadcrumbs, mustard salt, herbs, pepper, and shallot in a bowl. Make 4 oval burger forms that are 1/2 inch thick.
- At 165 degrees F, broil the burger on both sides on the rack that has been prepared. It needs six minutes to get cooked.
- In the interim, oil, and broil on the burger’s both sides. Put a piece of garlic bread as a topping on each burger. Serve it warm.
Nutrition Facts 33g protein, 68mg cholesterol, 9g fat, 45g carbohydrates, and 408 calories.
3. Weight Watchers Meatloaf
Imagine a meatloaf with much less fat in it. Yes, this is true. This delicious meatloaf’s lower fat content will help you achieve your diet planning goal. This will be the best Weight Watchers Chicken Recipe on your nutrition list.
- Ground chicken: 1 pound
- Breadcrumbs: 1/4 cup
- Egg white: 3 tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Ketchup: 1/3 cup
- Shredded potato (red): 1
- Some pepper, oregano, and garlic –according to your taste
- Put everything in a medium bowl and stir it up.
- Create a loaf shape with the mixture and transfer it to a slow cooker. Prepare a with ketchup.
- Leave on low heat for 7-8 hours.
Nutrition Facts 23g protein, 10g fat, 20g carbohydrates, and 258 calories.
4. Low Fat Chicken Chili
Another palatable weight watchers recipe with ground chicken, which has low fat. You can include this dish in your weight-loss plan as it has fewer calories than others.
- Chicken breast, ground: 1 3/4 pounds
- Bell pepper: 1 bag
- Onion: 1 diced
- Chili powder: 2 tablespoons
- Tomato paste: 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic clove: 2 minced
- Ground cumin: 1 teaspoon
- Chicken broth: 1 can
- Tomatoes: 1 can (Crushed)
- Optional- chopped scallions, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips
- Drained red beans: 1 can
- Get out your biggest saucepan or skillet. Apply oil heat on it. The chicken should turn pink when cooked with salt. Using a slotted spoon, the chicken can now be moved to a serving plate.
- Next, stir in the onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin you already have. It takes about six minutes to cook in a pan. Also, throw in some tomato paste, stock, and diced tomatoes. Give it 14 minutes on medium heat to boil.
- Put the pepper strips into the sauce and keep swirling until the sauce thickens. Put the chicken into a pan that has already been cooked. Toss it around for about 2 minutes. Toss in some cheese, onions, or tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts 28g protein, 4g fat, 17g carbohydrates, 58mg cholesterol, and 221 calories.
5. Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Wraps made of chicken and lettuce are a quick meal option for those watching their weight. You can whip up this delicacy in about twenty minutes. The item is tasty, nutritious, and visually appealing. It’s soothing due to its sweet and spicy flavor.
- Ground chicken: 1 pound
- Grated ginger: 1 tablespoon
- Whole water diced and drained chestnuts: 1 can
- Rice wine vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions: 2
- Heat butter lettuce: 1
- Kosher salt to taste
- Minced garlic clove: 1
- Hoisin sauce: 1/4 cup
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Over medium heat, oil in the saucepan. Get the chicken nice and browned. Combine soy sauce, scallions, hoisin sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Add ginger, onions, garlic, and soy sauce. Toss it around for about 2 minutes.
- Green onions and chestnuts should be added after 2 minutes. Add little pepper and salt.
- You can serve it in taco form or stuff the chicken mixture into a lettuce wrap.
Nutrition Facts 22.3g protein, 15.7g fat, 20.2g carbohydrates, 98.8mg cholesterol, and 297.9 calories.
What Are the Best Things to Eat for Breakfast on Weight Watchers?
The following are some options for breakfast that are both interesting and beneficial to your health.
- Peanut butter energy balls
- Banana Bread
- Hash browns, Bacon, stacks, and Egg
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
- Caramel cinnamon rolls
- Chicken pot pie
- Salsa chicken
- Gravy and biscuit
- Frosted banana bread muffin
- French toast
- Egg muffins
- Chicken salad sandwich
- Monterey chicken
- Honey banana toast
- Banana pancake
- Oat banana nut muffins
- Tortilla soup
- Mango banana pie
- Scrambled eggs
- Italian turkey sausage and vegetable omelet
Which Weight Watchers Plan is Best for Fast Weight Loss?
For rapid weight loss, the Green Plan is your best bet. Here you will find 100+ fruit points that can help you succeed. Most WW SmartPoints are included in this plan, making it ideal for those just starting. Also, this Green Plan allows you to keep your current eating routine.
How Many Weight Watcher Points is Chicken?
Eggs and skinless chicken breasts have zero Points, but the fat used to prepare them must be counted. The good news is that there are simple ways to prepare these dishes without adding any unnecessary SmartPoints.
Can I Eat Rice on Weight Watchers?
You are restricted to eating just brown rice and not white. The Weight Watchers website highlights these: You can choose from brown rice in various forms, including fast, quick-cooking, Thai, wild, and a brown rice and wild rice mix. To qualify, sweet potatoes must be prepared in a fat- and sugar-free manner.
If the chicken meal turns out to be filling, tasty, and pointless for your diet, I do not doubt that you will all be eager to stock up. I hope the above chicken recipes will be of great use to you. Mainly, here are the Weight Watchers Ground Chicken Recipes; anyone on Weight Watchers can use these as part of a healthy eating plan.
You May Also Like to Read:
- Is Orange Juice Good for Weight Loss?
- Gluten Free Chinese Food Recipes
- Gluten Free Desserts Recipes
- Is Apple Juice Gluten Free?
- White Tea Benefits for Weight Loss
- 10 Herbal Tea Recipes For Wight Loss