Last Updated on April 27, 2022 by Amanda P. Brown
Does your dog’s weight is less than expected? Are you worried about your dog’s weight and want to increase it? Don’t worry.
Here, I have brought some easy weight gain dog food recipes to help increase your dog’s weight. These recipes are highly suitable for your dog. They contain lots of calories. High fiber and high protein are also included in these recipes. Also, they are healthy and tasty to eat.
Moreover, these recipes are easy to make with simple ingredients. So, you do not require enough effort to make these. Just follow my suggested recipes.
7-Best Weight Gain Dog Food Recipes
- Combination of Kibble and Fresh Food
- Satin Balls
- Tasty Beef and Veggie Balls
- Chicken Jerky
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Frozen Treats
- Banana Quinoa Dog Treats
- Mixed Brown Rice Vegetables with Turkey
1. Combination of Kibble and Fresh Food
It is the best homemade dog food for weight gain. This food is suitable for your dog. Also, it is easy to make within 15 minutes.
- Cream Cheese: 8-ounce
- Ground Kibble: 1-cup
- Peanut Butter (Creamy): ½-cup
- Beef (Browned Ground): ½-pound
· First of all, take a bowl and place beef, peanut butter, kibble, and cream cheese.
· Then mix them well and knead to make a dough. You can also add more kibble to prepare a dry dough (if necessary).
· After that, keep the dough on wax paper and roll the dough. Slice them before serve.
2. Satin Balls
Satin balls are a popular and age-old dog food recipe for weight gain. It helps to gain weight too fast.
- Ground Beef: 5-pounds
- Oats: 10-oz
- Egg Yolks: 2
- Molasses: ¼-cup
- Sardine Bones (Mashed and Drained): 1-can (Small)
- Firstly, place all the ingredients (ground beef, oats, egg yolk, molasses, and sardine bone) in a large bowl and mix them well.
- You can add more oats or egg yolks for perfect consistency and preparing tiny meatballs.
3. Tasty Beef and Veggie Balls
It is a scrumptious weight gain dog food recipe. This recipe is very simple and takes only a few minutes to prepare.
- Lean Ground Beef: ½-lb
- Diced Sweet Potato (Raw): ½
- Egg: 1-large
- Carrot: 1
- Coconut Flour: ½-cup
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 360º for 10 minutes.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, put all of the ingredients and mix them properly.
- After that, take small portions from the mixture and prepare tiny balls.
- On a greased baking sheet, put all these balls and bake for about 30 min.
4. Chicken Jerky
Chicken jerky is a portion of high-calorie dog food. This food helps to gain your dog’s weight quickly. It’s an uncomplicated recipe that’s simple to prepare.
- Chicken Breast: 1-pound
- Olive Oil: 1-tablespoon
- Turkey Bone Broth: 1-tablespoon
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Then brush olive oil in the wire rack and place a cookie sheet on the wire rack.
- Slice chicken into small pieces and sprinkle a pinch of turkey bone broth.
- Then keep the sliced chicken on a wire rack and cook for about 2 hours in the oven.
- After 2 hours, flip strips in the oven and dehydrate for about another 45 minutes until crisp.
- After that, remove from the oven and keep aside until cool. You can refrigerate these foods in an air-tight container.
5. Pumpkin Peanut Butter Frozen Treats
It is the best easy weight gain dog food recipe. This food is great for your dog and also tasty to eat.
- Yogurt (Plain): 1-cup
- Goat’s Milk: 2-tablespoons
- Pumpkin Puree (15 Oz): 1-can
- Peanut Butter (Added No Sugar): 2-tablespoons
- First, place all the ingredients (peanut butter, goat’s milk, yogurt, and pumpkin puree) into a blender and blend until the batter becomes perfect.
- Then pour the batter into silicone molds or ice cube trays. To spread the batter equally into the mold or tray, you can use a spoon or spatula.
- You can place the mold or tray in a Ziploc bag or cover it in plastic wrap to avoid the mess.
- After that, place in refrigerator and let it cool completely, overnight.
- When it is ready to serve your dog, take the molds out of the refrigerator and wait for a minute. They’ll easily come out from the tray or mold.
6. Banana Quinoa Dog Treats
Banana quinoa dog treats are the best dog food for weight gain. It is a simple recipe and also easy to make.
- Quinoa Flour: ½-cup
- Hot Water: ½-cup
- Flax Seed Meal: ¼-cup
- Beef Bone Broth: 1-tablespoon
- Banana (Mashed): 1
- Egg: 1
- First, set the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Then, use parchment paper to line the cookie sheets.
- Take boil water and pour it into a measuring cup or bowl. Add some instant beef powder and whip until dissolved. And keep aside.
- After that, mash the banana on a small plate.
- Add egg, quinoa flour, and banana and flaxseed meal in a bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Add a small quantity of beef broth to the mixture, and continue adding broth until you have the perfect dough.
- Then roll out ¼-1/2 inch depth and slice with cutter. Keep the slices on parchment paper-lined sheets.
- After that, place in the oven and bake for 20-23 minutes.
- After 20-23 minutes, bring it out from the oven and leave it to get cool.
- You can store it after making it in an air-tight box or a Ziploc bag and keep it in the freezer or refrigerator.
7. Mixed Brown Rice Vegetables with Turkey
It is a high-calorie dog food recipe and contains 50% protein, 25% grains, and 25% veggies. So, this food is great for your dog.
- Ground turkey: 3-pounds
- Brown Rice: ½-cup
- Carrots (Shredded): 2
- Olive Oil: 1-tablespoon
- Peas (Frozen Or Canned): ½-cup
- Baby Spinach (Chopped): 3-cups
- Zucchini (Shredded): 1
- Firstly, pour 3 cups of water into a large pan and cook rice following the package instructions. Then keep aside.
- After that, take a large frying pan. Pour olive oil into the pan and heat olive oil. Add ground turkey and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes until browned.
- Then add brown rice, carrots, peas, zucchini, baby spinach and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Last, of all let it cool completely and serve.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Dietary Fiber-2.5g
- Saturated Fat-4.2g
What Are the Best High Calories Dry Foods for Dogs That Will Help to Gain Weight?
Here, I have suggested the 5-best dry high calorie dog foods for your dog, which will help your dog to gain weight. They are-
- Nature’s Variety Instant Raw Boost Senior Recipe
- Crave Chicken Recipe Adult Dog Food
- Purina Pro Plan SPORT Formula Dog Food
- Bully Max High-Performance Super Premium Dog Food
- Eukanuba Premium Performance Sports Adult Dry Dog Food
What Are the Conditions That Play Role behind Dog’s Gaining Weight?
Here, I can give you 5-tips that will help your dog to gain weight. Such as-
- Choose a Higher Caloric Food:
When you give food to your dog, make sure that they have high calories. Also, they need to be full of high protein and fat. High protein and fat are helpful for your dog to gain weight. It is the most efficient way to increase your dog’s health.
- New Feeding Schedule:
If you want your dog’s weight to gain, you should prepare a new feeding schedule. It will help your dog to gain weight.
- Try Fresh Or Wet Foods:
Fresh foods or wet foods are suitable for the dog. It is the best way to improve the health of your dog.
- Supplement Meals with Snacks:
Supplement foods are essential for dogs. They aid your dog in gaining weight.
- Feed little foods all day long:
Feed small meals to your dog throughout the day. It will help to consume more calories. As a result, your dog will be gaining weight.
Which Are the Best Vegetables for Dog’s Weight Gain?
Sweet potato and pumpkin are the best vegetables for a dog’s weight gain. It helps to increase your dog’s weight quickly. Also, improve the digestive system. They contain high fiber also which promotes your dog’s health. So feed your dog these vegetables. Or you can make easy weight gain dog food recipes with these ingredients.
Here, I have suggested the 7-best easy weight gain dog food recipes. If you follow my suggested recipes, it will not disappoint you at all, rather than make you satisfied. Also, my suggested foods will improve your dog’s health day by day. So, if you want to increase your dog’s weight, you can follow my suggested recipes without any doubt.
You May Also Like To Read