Last Updated on December 13, 2022 by Amanda P. Brown
Peanut butter is a healthy and savory item that can go with almost every meal, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In 1884, Marcellus Gilmore Edson was the first person to patent peanut butter, and he had no idea that his invention would become a national craze.
Every year on the 24th of January, we observe National Peanut Butter Day in honor of peanut butter’s wonderful taste and nutrient value. There are numerous different National Peanut Butter Day activities that people do on this day. Some of them enjoy making delicacies that contain peanut butter, while others enjoy hosting Elvis Presley-themed parties. Even people also use peanut butter on this occasion to make both soft and crunchy foods.
Moreover, after January, on the 1st of March, we observe National Peanut Butter Lovers Day, dedicated to those who love peanut butter. Peanut butter lovers also celebrate this day with great honor. They do many activities to celebrate this day.
How Do You Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day?
Table of Contents
On April 2, National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day are observed to honor its contribution to the best American lunch and breakfast. It is known as National PB & J day. You can celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day by getting together with family and friends and making this amazingly delicious recipe with peanut butter and jelly.
Even you can check out various PB&J recipes and make Pancakes, French toast, Cookies, and Cupcakes. You can also celebrate this day by organizing various events, parties, and functions.
My Suggestions for National Peanut Butter Day Activities
However, this article is about celebrating National Peanut Butter Day and National Peanut Butter Lovers Day. Here we will share some ways of celebration that you can follow to observe National Peanut Butter Day and National Peanut Butter Lovers Day with great enthusiasm.
Go Peanut Butter Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Peanut butter is a well-known and pleasant delicacy worldwide. You can take peanut butter with every meal to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day and National Peanut Butter Lovers Day.
Peanut Butter for Breakfast
Peanut butter is another beloved choice to have on breakfast, especially when it’s about National Peanut Butter Day or National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. Usually, we spread it over toasted bread to dine, but you can also mix it with a smoothie to make it tastier.
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, oatmeal with peanut butter and banana, peanut butter pancakes, peanut butter patties, peanut butter chia pudding, peanut butter overnight oats, peanut butter sandwich cookies, and peanut butter muffins are the best options to have on the morning meal.
Peanut Butter for Lunch
According to the New York Daily News, Americans eat around 3000 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches throughout their lifetime. So, lunch with peanut butter is usually a winner. Adding potato chips to the interior of your PB&J or even using peanut butter as a dip are both excellent ideas. You can also eat bagel pieces or pretzels with banana, apple, and celery chunks.
Aside from these, quesadilla and peanut butter, peanut soup, kale, peanut butter fried rice, peanut chicken wraps, and slow cooker pumpkin peanut butter chicken soup are all excellent options for celebrating National Peanut Butter Day.
Peanut Butter Dinner
When it comes to dinner, you can use peanut butter to make various dinner dishes. Chicken peanut curry, peanut turkey satay, spicy peanut butter pork sandwich, Southern peanut butter mayo sandwich, smoky peanut butter chili, peanut butter bacon pop tarts, Thai peanut soup with grilled peanut butter croutons, and Thai Cauliflower rice salad with peanut butter ginger sauce are the dishes that you can make to host a party on National Peanut Butter Day.
Host an Elvis Presley-Themed Peanut Butter Party
There is no national peanut butter party without an Elvis Presley-themed party. This King was a huge fan of peanut butter, and every year people celebrate National Peanut Butter Day by making his recipe and listening to his greatest hits. The Bacon sandwich, Peanut butter banana was Elvis’ most favorite dish. This fantastic twist accomplishes the delectable combo with peanut butter ice cream, and it is packed with crispy bacon on top and two slices of banana bread aside.
Moreover, “Fool’s Gold Loaf” was another favorite dish of King Elvis Presley. This dish contains an entire loaf of Italian bread filled with peanut butter, grape jellies, and a pound of bacon. Aside from these, there are many more Elvis Presley-inspired recipes to arrange Elvis Presley-themed peanut butter parties.
However, Elvis Presley-themed parties are popular among vintage rock fans and those who admire the iconic icon. People like to wear black leather trousers, a leather jacket, racing suits, flares, or white jumpsuits at an Elvis Presley-themed party. Watching movies like Jailhouse Rock, King Creole, and Viva Las Vegas are great options to celebrate a Presley-themed peanut butter party.
Invite Friends Over for a Peanut Butter Potluck
Inviting friends over for a peanut butter potluck is a good idea. You can arrange a party or get together with your friends by making peanut-themed dishes. There is some peanut butter featuring dishes like:
- Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce
- African Peanut Soup
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Udon Noodles With Peanut Sauce
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
Prepare Desserts with Peanut Butter
There is no better time to make dessert with peanut butter than National Peanut Butter Day. You can make any dessert featuring peanut butter on this day. Here are a few desserts that feature peanut butter as the main ingredient:
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies: A peanut butter sandwich is a sweet treat that combines two cheesy peanut butter cookies. Its peanut buttercream filling is simply made with peanut butter, cream, milk, and sugar mixture.
- Peanut Butter Fudge: Combining unsalted butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar for 5 minutes, you will get peanut butter fudge. It’s a quick and elegant dessert that you can cook in the microwave.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars: This decadent delicacy is topped with a creamy butter covering and a layer of rich dark chocolate on top. Also, you can top it up with some extra pretzels and peanuts if you want. It’s a mash-up of all your favorite things, like peanut butter chips, roasted peanuts, rice Krispies, butter, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Brownies: Who doesn’t like brownies? When making peanut butter brownies, it’s always a win! This recipe consists of milk, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla essence, and chocolate chips for filling and flavor.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: This lovely and tiny peanut butter cup cookie is a deserving dessert to serve on National Peanut Butter Day. These tiny bites are coated with chocolate and set on a small cookie bed to keep them from falling apart. Also, you can try this recipe as a Christmas dessert or give it as a present by wrapping paper.
- Peanut Butter Pie: This pie is the ultimate delectable dessert with the perfect crust. Whipped cream, milk, peanut butter, graham cracker crust, cream cheese, and powdered sugar are used to make this dessert. Overall, this dessert is perfect for national peanut butter day and suitable for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake: Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake is a great dessert, the taste between salty and sweet. These cup cheesecakes are topped with peanut butter and chocolate. Again, the velvety texture of this cake delights everyone on national peanut butter lover’s day.
- Buckeyes: Buckeyes is the most famous classic peanut butter dessert among others. These are tiny bites ball with creamy peanut butter dipped in dark chocolate. It’s an easy recipe with some handful ingredients like powdered sugar, brown sugar, creamy peanut butter, vanilla extract, dark chocolate, and salted butter.
Prepare Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes for Kids
It’s more enjoyable to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day with kids since they prefer to eat sweet meals. One of the best ways to celebrate national peanut butter day with kids is making PB&J as kids love this food a lot. Here are the ingredients and necessary steps to make this recipe:
- Jam or Jelly
- Sprouted Wheat Bread or Sliced Sandwich Bread
- Peanut Butter
For Toppings (Optional)
- Sliced Bananas
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a piece of bread, apply the peanut butter
- Next, add jelly
- Now, add the toppings according to your choice
- Assemble the slices of bread and cut half with the kitchen scissors.
- Finally, serve it to your kids.
What is the Purpose of the Peanut Festival?
The purpose of the Peanut Festival is to honor the peanut farmers and celebrate the harvest season. Also, this peanut festival is held every autumn. These festivals also include agricultural displays, amusement rides, food, beauty pageants, animal shows, a lot of peanuts, contests, a two-hour parade, concerts, and arts and crafts exhibitions.
Is There an International Peanut Butter Day?
An International Peanut Butter Day is January 24. Which spreads festive joy among all on this day. However, this special day celebrates everything from peanut butter and jam sandwiches to peanut butter chocolate bars. Even for peanut butter lovers, this day is the best.
What is the Importance of January 24?
The importance of National Peanut Butter Day on January 24 is immense. From honoring the peanut farmers to celebrating the harvest season, this day has a very important contribution. In addition, peanut butter fans should mark January 24 as the day to commemorate the invention of this delicious spread.
What Do We Celebrate on March 1?
National Peanut Butter Lovers Day is celebrated on March 1. Also, on this day, peanut butter lovers celebrate this day by expressing their love for peanut butter. You can also celebrate the day by hosting an Elvis Presley-themed Peanut Butter Party.
Why Is National Peanut Butter Lovers Day So Popular?
Peanut butter was invented in 1884; now, it has become a nutrient craze. “National Peanut Butter Lovers Day” is famous for several reasons: peanut butter is iconic, sticky, adaptable, and comforting. Also, Peanut Butter Lovers Day is a convenient way to gather with friends and raise a glass to the spread’s delicacy and grandeur.
Why is Natural Peanut Butter Very Watery?
Most peanut butter is watery. This frequently occurs with natural and organic peanut butter because the peanut oil naturally rises to the surface. Because they do not have extra additives such as “hydrogenated oils.” Therefore, if your peanut butter is watery, then be happy.
How Do We Eat Peanut Butter?
Here are some ways you can eat peanut butter:
· Add to the salad.
· Stir through the oats.
· Mix it with a sauce.
· Use as a spread on bread.
· Serve it over ice cream.
· Mix with fruit.
· Blend it into a smoothie.
· Mix with the granola.
· Add it to Pretzels.
What Happens if I Eat Peanut Butter Every Day?
Eating peanut butter daily can reduce your risk of heart disease by 38% and your overall risk of death by up to 21%. Also, peanut butter is a condensed source of nutrients, which may provide potential health advantages. You must remember that eating peanut butter in moderation is good every day.
How Much Amount of Peanut Butter is Good in a Day?
A daily serving of peanut butter, consisting of 1–2 teaspoons, is healthy. 1 tbsp (16 gm) is the size of your big toe, and 2 tbsp (32 gm) is the size of a golf ball. This peanut butter is good for health, as it contains no added sugar like salt and peanuts.
Is It Healthy to Eat 100 Grams of Peanut Butter a Day?
No, eating 100 grams of peanut butter a day is not healthy. Because peanut butter is so high in fat, it also has a heavy dose of 597 calories in a 3.5-ounce (100gm) portion. Since they are high in calories, eating peanut butter in moderation is good for your health.
It’s no surprise that nearly 95% of household in the United States has a jar of peanut butter. Almost everyone enjoys eating peanut butter with bread or in some other form. It’s because of our love and obsession with peanut butter, and that’s the reason why every year, we have a holiday on the 24th of January to observe national peanut butter day.
However, National Peanut Butter Day and National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day are filled with activities. Although it is up to you to commemorate these occasions, if you want to celebrate these days in the greatest possible way, you can follow the National Peanut Butter Day activities suggestions I have already shared in this article.
I hope you will find our suggestions helpful to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day and National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. And that’s the end of today!!!
You May also Like to Read:
- Best Turkey Dinner Near Me
- 43 Unique Valentine’s Day Food Ideas for a Party
- 10 Best Restaurants Serving New Year’s Day Brunch Near Me
- Hispanic Christmas Foods Ideas That You Can Try
- 20 Authentic New Year’s Eve Buffet Menu Ideas for Home Party