Pu-erh is a flavorful, fully oxidized tea that dates back thousands of years earlier. Like wine, pu-erh has more flavors and aromas than other teas. It has a darker color before and after brewing. Besides, it is also famous for its health advantages.
However, this tea has a slightly bitter taste, and some people find it difficult to drink pu-erh. But, you don’t need to bother about the taste of Pu-erh because today, I will share 4-different recipes of Pu-erh tea that come with their distinct taste and flavor. So, people wondering how to make Pu-erh tea at homecontinue to read the entire article. I hope, after reading this article, you’ll get your answer.
Recipes for How to Make Pu-erh Tea at Home
To introduce you to Pu-erh Tea differently, I have come up with 4-delicious pu-erh recipes. I hope you will like the flavors of these recipes.
1. Iced Pu-Erh Tea
- Brown Sugar: 30g
- Ripe Pu-erh Tea: 1-tablespoon
- Clean Water: 2-L
- Ice Cubes (For serving)
- In a small pot, add water and Pu-erh Tea. Then, let it get boiled. Add brown sugar and swirl it until it mixes. Put the flame off and steep it for 6 minutes.
- Remove the tea leaves from the tea and filter the tea. Let the tea rest to become room temperature.
- Now place the tea into the refrigerator. Serve it with ice cubes.
2. Ginger Marmalade Pu-erh Iced Tea
- Fresh Lemon Juice: 1-tablespoon
- Marmalade: 1 ½-tablespoons
- Pu-erh Tea: ½-cup (cooled and brewed)
- Ginger: 1-tablespoon (chopped and fresh)
- Orange Twist (For garnish)
- Combine lemon juice, ginger, and marmalade into a cocktail bottom shaker.
- Add ice and tea, then again shake it well. Strain the Tea.
- Now, pour it into the serving glass.
- Squeeze orange peel over the tea. Serve immediately with a garnish of orange twist.
3. Chai Spiced Butter Tea (with Pu-erh)
For the Spiced Tea
- Coriander Seed: 2-teaspoons
- Cinnamon Stick: 1
- Anise Seed: ½-teaspoon
- Cloves: 6 (whole)
- Fennel Seeds: 1-tablespoon
- Water: 4-cups
- Black Peppercorns: 2-tablespoons (whole)
- Pu-erh Tea: 3-tablespoons
- Star Anise Pods: 2
- Cardamom Pods: 8 (crushed)
- Dried Ginger: 1-tablespoon
For Every Cup of Tea
- Whole Milk: ¼-cup
- Pinch of salt
- Jiggery: 1-tablespoon
- Coffee: 1-tablespoon
- For making this tea, add water to a saucepan and set the fire at high. After boiling water, reduce the heat to medium flame. Now add spices and tea. Let it simmer for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame instantly and pull off the tea. Then, pour it into a jar.
- For making a cup of tea in a saucepan, heat 1 cup of tea on medium to high heat. When it becomes hot, add salt and jaggery. Then, mix it well until it becomes dissolved.
- Also, add Milk and ghee at the same time. Then, remove the tea from the heat and blend it until frothy.
- Pour it into a cup and serve immediately.
4. Pu-erh Old Fashioned Recipe
For Pu-erh Infused Bourbon
- Pu-erh Tea (Loose Leaf): 2-tablespoons
- Bourbon: 1-cup
For Pu-erh Old Fashioned
- Pu-erh Infused Bourbon: 2-ounces
- Water: Few drops
- Sugar: ½-tablespoon
- Lemon Twist
- Angostura Bitters: 3-dashes
The Process of Making Pu-erh Infused Bourbon
- In a teapot or jar, stir the Bourbon and Tea. Set the lid on the pot and leave it for at least 2 hours at room temperature.
- Take out the tea leaves and keep them in a separate container.
- In a sealed jar, preserve the infused Bourbon.
The Process of Making Pu-erh Old Fashioned
- In an old-fashioned glass, stir the sugar and bitters.
- Muddle the mixture after adding the required amount of water to dissolve the sugar. (Instead of muddle, you can use a wooden handle)
- Add the Bourbon and then put ice on the top. Stir it for a few moments. Serve it with a lemon garnish.
Pu-erh tea is considered the most valuable tea in the world today, ranking first among all other types of tea. Because of the health benefits and outstanding taste, this tea has great popularity worldwide.
Moreover, I hope you’re now able to prepare pu-erh tea in various ways to give it a distinctive flavor. So, now you don’t need to bother on how to make Pu-erh Tea at home. You have already familiar with the process. So, stop worrying and enjoy the drink. However, to enjoy more homemade drinks, keep reading Drink at Pro Food Recipes!!!
You May also Like to Read:
- How to Make White Tea at Home?
- Pu-erh tea Benefit, Side Effects, Precaution & Use
- 5 Best Black Tea Recipe
- How to Make Herbal Tea?
- How to Make Green Tea?