Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Amanda P. Brown
Barbecue or barbeque or BBQ, by how we call it, is famous worldwide. It is cooked in high heat and smoky flavor though recipes may vary nationwide. But none can avoid having the salty, tangy, and spicy mouth-watering taste of grill recipes. In summer, it feels like no get-together or picnic is complete without BBQ food.
We often do have the misconception that BBQ needs a lot of money. But I am here with the cheap BBQ idea by which you can have a fantastic taste, from pork, beef, chicken, and fish to thoroughly grilled vegetables.
5- Best Cheap BBQ Ideas for You:
Table of Contents
- Grilled Burgers
- BBQ Chicken Legs
- Grilled Eggplant
- Marinated Grilled Pork Chop
- Marinated Vegetable Kebabs
1. Grilled Burgers
If you are thinking about a summer backyard dinner or cookout with any BBQ recipes, Grilled burger recipes are purely perfect for you. Afterward, the grilled burger is also an optimal choice if you search for a cheap BBQ pit idea. You don’t require to invest much time and money in having flavorful burgers. Here is my Grilled Burger recipe with some easy-going steps.
Ingredients (For Serving 4 to 5 people)
- Ground Chuck: 1 ½-pounds
- Worcestershire Sauce: 2-teaspoons
- Tomato Sauce: 2-teaspoons
- Plain Dry Breadcrumbs: 3-tablespoons
- Grated Onion: 2-tablespoons
- Season Salt: as per taste
- Garlic Powder: ½-teaspoon
- Burger Buns: 4 to 5
- Ground Black Pepper: as per taste
- Sliced tomatoes, onions, pickles, and lettuce
- Condiments- as per taste
- Mix the ground beef with the Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, garlic powder, tomato juice, and grated onion.
- Shape the mix into burger patties of 4 to 5.
- Add seasoned salt and pepper on both sides of the patties.
- Prepare the fireplace for getting high heat and oil the grate.
- Keep the patties on a foil-lined pan. Cover the bowl of marinade beef and freeze it until the grill is ready.
- Put the patties on the direct heat when the grill is prepared
- Grill the patties for 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Keep looking at each side.
- Serve on the toasted buns with the sliced vegetables and condiments.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Total Fat-19g
- Saturated Fat-7g
- Total carbohydrate-4g
2. Barbecue Chicken Legs
In BBQ ideas, chicken is an affordable item to feed a good number of people. You need to make an effort to brine the chicken legs. But this barbecue recipe is one of the easiest recipes that result in finger-licking, moist, tangy, saucy, and the cheap BBQ idea for any party. You’ll get the tender chicken every time. It is an excellent food idea for a birthday party.
Ingredients (Serving-4 people)
- Chicken Drumsticks: 2-pounds
For the Brine
- Cayenne Pepper: 1-teaspoon (optional)
- Salt: ½-cup
- Hot Water: 1-cup
- Coldwater: 2-quarts
- White Sugar: ½-cup
For the BBQ Sauce
- Ketchup: 1-cup
- Paprika: 2-tablespoons
- Brown Sugar: ¼-cup
- Olive Oil: 1-tablespoon
- White Vinegar: ¼-cup
- Garlic Powder: 2-teaspoons
- Cayenne Powder: 1-teaspoons (optional)
- Chili Powder: 1-tablespoon
- Mix the salt, hot water, and white sugar in a large container.
- Add cayenne and cold water and stir continuously to mix well.
- Keep the chicken drumsticks into the brine. Cover and do refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Mix all the ingredients for BBQ sauce in a pan.
- Cook stirring continuously below the boiling point over low heat for 15 minutes. Cool it for 10 minutes.
- Eliminate the chicken legs from the brine.
- Wash it softly to remove the brine traces from the surface. Dry it with paper tissue or towels.
- Grill the legs for 3o minutes turning each side after 5-minutes to cook well.
- Start brushing the sauce during the last 15 minutes after every 5 minutes. It helps the sauce to be cooked in a sticky consistency.
- Rotate the chicken coat until it is done by maintaining the internal temperature from 165 F/75 C to 180 F/82 C.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Total Fat-35mg
- Saturated Fat-9g
- Total Carbohydrate-59g
- Dietary Fiber-2g
3. Grilled Eggplant
Nothing can beat the smoky and creamy flavor of perfectly grilled eggplant. You can enjoy the veggie grilled as an appetizer platter. It can also be a good part of your summer salads in term of cheap grilling ideas if you thought about. Even it can stand for meat patties in the burger. But in most times of grilling recipes, you may find it overcooked and flavorless or spongy and undercooked. I am here for you to grill flavorful eggplant. Here is my Grilled Eggplant recipe.
Ingredients (For Serving-6 to 8 people)
- Sea salt: 2 tablespoons
- Eggplants: 3(medium)
- Coldwater: 6 to 8-cups
- Olive Oil: 1/3-cup
- Warm Water: 1-cup
- Add the salt in a cup of warm water in a bowl. Sill it until the salt is fully dissolved.
- Mix the cold water and set the brine aside.
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices (¾ inch).
- Keep the pieces into the brine and let them soak for 30 minutes.
- Take out the slices and pat them soak with a clean paper towel.
- Place the eggplant slices on the baking tray and brush one side with a sprinkle and olive oil with salt.
- Lay the pieces of the oil side on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Brush oil on the top side of the pieces and turn the pieces over.
- Cook until both sides have grill marks.
- Serve at a dining table and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Total Fat-10g
- Total carbohydrate-25g
- Saturated Fat-7%
- Vitamin C-4mg
4. Marinated Grilled Pork Chop
You will find me using this recipe, no matter what weather it is. It is an easy-going recipe that you can use in any meat, but pork is my favorite. The moist grilled marinade pork chop can be your main dish item. It is exceptionally delicious, and I am sure you never guess it before as one of the cost-saving cheap grilling ideas yet. Indeed, it’s a good food idea for birthday or any special occasion.
Ingredients (For Serving-4 people)
- Packed Brown Sugar: ½-cup
- Pepper: ¼-teaspoon
- Soy Sauce: ½-cup
- Pork: 4-bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1 inch thick)
- Minced Garlic: 2 to 3-cloves
- Combine the garlic, brown sugar, pepper, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add pork chops to it and turn to coat. For best results, cover it and refrigerate it overnight.
- Separate pork chops, discarding marinade.
- Grill the pork chops on a grill rack over medium heat. Turn each side after 4-5 minutes so that the meat can reach doneness.
- Serve after letting the meat stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Fact (Per Serving)
- Total Fat-11g
- Total carbohydrate-0g
- Saturated Fat-1g
5. Marinated Vegetable Kebabs
Marinated vegetable kebabs recipe is the suitable one if you are in a hurry. It’s such an easy and quick dish in terms of grilling recipes. Also, it is a colorful and nutritious food. You may have it as a side dish or main salad dish. Even, you can also freeze them for later consumption.
- Red Bell Peppers: 2 (cut into ½ inch strips)
- Chopped Onion: 1 (large size)
- Small Zucchini: 2 (cut into ½ inch slices)
- White Wine Vinegar: 2-tablespoons
- Olive oil: ¼-cup
- Salt: ½-teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 2-tablespoons
- Bamboo Skewers: 8 (6 inches)
- Italian Seasoning Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Thread all the vegetables onto skewers. Alternate between items to have a colorful look and place in a baking dish.
- Mix lemon juice, salt, vinegar, and Italian seasoning, and pour the mixture over the kebabs.
- Cover and do refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Place the skewers on the grill over a medium preheat grill and grill it for 1o minutes turning each side.
- Serve in the dining and enjoy!
How Can I Make BBQ for Cheap?
BBQ is a tasty meal that everyone praises. So we want to make BBQ for special occasions or family get together. In that case, making cheap BBQ is a must to reducing the cost. So first, find out the best shop where you can shop cheap groceries for making BBQ. Make your guest list to make the exact amount instead of wasting food. Offer plenty of slices to them. Ration your fuel. Also, make your sauces and rubs instead of buying them from the store.
What Equipment Do I Need for BBQ?
For making a perfect grill, it’s required some essential grill equipment with good grilling recipes. Some necessary grilling equipment is charcoal for outdoor grills, a grilling basket, chimney starter, silicone basting brush, and some other basic tool kit.
What Should I Make for a BBQ Party?
Party means serving a list of guests with a full-filling meal. Divide a three-course meal. As appetizers, you can serve coleslaw, potato salad, potato chips, or any fruit. You can serve tortillas, dinner rolls, or any bread along with the grill for the main meal. For dessert, you can serve egg pudding or any types of sweets they like.
Many of us think that BBQ is complicated and expensive. But with the above-mentioned 5-cheap BBQ idea, you will find it wrong. Don’t miss out on the filling but tasty appetizers to healthy grilled veggies. I hope you will enjoy to trail out my grilling ideas for sure. For any other queries, please leave comments.
You May Also Like To Read: