Last Updated on September 12, 2021 by Amanda P. Brown
To bake roasted bananas, all you need is a banana, an oven, and this article. You will be surprised knowing how easily and swiftly you can roast a banana. And the finest part is whether you want to have a healthy, nutritious breakfast or a tempting evening snack, or even a sugar-free dessert after dinner, ROASTED BANANAS are your ideal match!
So if you have never tried baking a banana, then quit thinking and explore how many amazing recipes you can make with roasted bananas.
Why Roasted Bananas Over Ripe Bananas
Table of Contents
You might ask why to take the trouble to roast bananas. Why bother spending 20 minutes to bake when you can easily go for ripe bananas. I can clear your doubts.
Bananas contain starch then eventually transforms into fructose (simple sugar). That is why a ripe banana tastes sweeter than a raw banana. And when you bake the banana, the heat stimulates the starch, and the banana tastes sweeter.
So if you want to have something sweet but at the same time want to avoid sugar intake, then you got roasted bananas to have your back. Once you replace ripe bananas with roasted bananas, there is no turning back. You will use roasted bananas in any recipe that says to use just ripe ones.
Banana is a common fruit that is most likely to be present at the dining table eleven months a year. So you might reach out to the bananas you already have at home. After having a glance at them, if you think they have turned brown and are overripe, then you got the perfect banana to bake! Now follow the process below the same from any methods which are suitable for you.
- Take the banana according to your appetite 1 or 2. If it has already turned brown, then best, but if not, then you can surely go for vibrant yellow ones without any worries.
- Wash the bananas without peeling off. If you peel them off, then you won’t get the expected results.
- Take a toothpick or a fork to make holes in the banana peel.
- Preheat your oven to 300° to 400° Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Place the bananas on the baking sheet, cover them with foil paper or parchment paper, and put them in the oven.
- Now wait till 15 – 20 minutes, then take out the bananas.
- The time will defer according to the size and condition of the banana. Please make sure the bananas will get shiny black while taking them out.
- It is time to take the banana out of the banana peel. You can cut its head and squeeze off the banana, or you can cut the peel from the middle and take out the banana with a spoon.
- This way, you will get the creamiest, smoothest, stickiest, thickest bananas!
- Take the banana, wash it, make holes in the banana peel the same way you did in the first method.
- Preheat your oven up to 400° Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Place the bananas on the baking sheet and cover with foil or parchment paper exactly done in the 1st method.
- Bake the banana for 50 minutes. It gets a shiny black color too.
- Peel off the banana when cooled down.
- This way, you get a crunchy, crispy, and chewy crust in your bananas!
Roasted Bananas Recipe
There are numerous ways you can eat roasted bananas. I will tell you some recipes you must try with roasted bananas!
- Using roasted bananas for banana bread is already very popular because of its delicious flavor, perfect soft texture, and, most importantly, easy access! You can make this fantastic dish with just three ingredients brown butter, buttermilk, and roasted bananas.
- You can use roasted bananas and make unique instant dishes! Just pair the bananas with your favorite items and enjoy.
- For instance, you can add frozen yogurt to the roasted bananas and have it as breakfast.
- Also, you can put the bananas in your breakfast cereal to make it naturally sweet and flavorful.
Dessert Ideas with Roasted Bananas
If you must have tried many dessert items with ripe bananas, now try them with roasted bananas. You will be amazed after exploring the vast taste difference, and also, the variety of textures will mesmerize you for sure.
Here are some of my quick desserts-
- Take the Roasted bananas to add some maple syrup and melted coconut oil on top. Enjoy!
- Add some dried fruits and nuts. You can also add oatmeal. What can be better for breakfast?
- Add whipped cream and chopped nuts to the roasted bananas. Make a delicious snack.
- Take roasted bananas, add honey, dates, and cocoa powder, make a smoothie and enjoy. You can add chocolate chips as toppings if you want.
- Take the roasted bananas (baked for 50 minutes) add some powdered sugar and any syrup according to your taste. Chew it like banana chips!
- Lastly, my favorite take plain vanilla ice cream or butterscotch ice cream. Add the roasted bananas with it. You can try adding any syrup to increase the taste, but for me, it is the tastiest quickest dessert!
Why Do Bananas Turn Brown and Then Black?
Ethylene causes this transformation of color in bananas. A perfectly ripe banana is yellow. When it starts to get overripe, it gets brown spots eventually gets black.
Why Do I Need to Wash the Banana When I Peel It Off Anyway?
While cutting the peel, bacteria might travel from the peel to the core. To avoid this, rinsing off fruits is a must.
Bananas are a great source of potassium. It contains vitamin B6, and vitamin C. Ripe bananas have 89 calories, and roasted bananas can provide 100 calories, so it is undoubtedly an ideal meal for you. As the human mind searched for variation, you might not always like plain bananas, so why not bake roasted bananas and satisfy your hunger!
You May Also Like To Read: