Last Updated on October 25, 2023 by Amanda P. Brown
Mexican foods are always famous for their spicy taste. There is a bit of difference between New Mexican and traditional Mexican food. They usually add some flavor and ingredients to their New Mexican food recipes. Also, they use roast tortillas, green Chile, red Chiles, beans, and even green Chile sauce in their food.
10 New Mexican Food Recipes
Table of Contents
Here, we are going to share 10 new Mexican food recipes that are listed below:
- Green Chili Stew
- Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- Mexican Lasagna
- Mexican New Green Chile on Pizza
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Coconut Horchata (horchata de coco)
1. Green Chili Stew
It is the newest Mexican spicy food that melts in your mouth; you will surely love this item.
- Beef Stew Meat: 2-lbs
- Potatoes: 2-large (diced, cubed)
- Hatch Green Chilies: 10-14 (you can use Anaheim chilies also if the hatch is not available)
- Jalapeno: 1-2 (diced and it is necessary, (if you are cooking with Anaheim chilies)
- Oregano: ½-teaspoon
- Butter: 2-tablespoons
- Beef Broth: 6-cups
- Onion: ½-cup (chopped)
- Flour: 2-tablespoons
- Bay Leaves: 3-4
- Salt: 1-teaspoon
- Cumin: ½-teaspoon
- Pepper: 1-teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil: 2- tablespoons
- Garlic: 2 cloves (minced)
- Tomatoes: 10-ounce (diced)
(Cooking Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes)
- Take a large pot on medium flame on the stove. Cook meat, onions, salt, garlic, and pepper for about 5 minutes, until brown. Then, give broth and jalapeno into it and let it boil for an hour.
- While meat and other ingredients boil, daze the green chilies in the oven until the skin darkens. Wait 10 minutes after the skin is cooked before peeling off the chilies.
- Chop the chilies and add chilies with seeds into the pot. Keep boiling for another 30 minutes; add 1 cup of hot water, potatoes, and tomatoes. Cook well until all the ingredients are done.
- Take a small skillet, melt butter into it, and add flour. Stir it continuously, then give it to the large pot
This is a sugary treat dessert that everyone loves to eat. People in Mexico start their day with these tasty churros as breakfast.
- Egg: 2-large
- Flour: 1-cup
- Cinnamon Sugar: as required
- Granulated Sugar: 2-tablespoons
- Water: 1-cup
- Vanilla Extract: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: 6-tablespoons
- Salt: 1-teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil: as required (for frying)
For the Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
- Ground Cinnamon: 1-teaspoon
- Dark Chocolate Chips: 4-cups
- Salt: ¼-teaspoon
- Heavy Cream: 4-cups
(Cooking Time: 45 minutes)
- Put a large saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Add sugar, butter, water, and boil it. After some time, add vanilla, salt, and flour (when the time of adding salt and flour, you must turn off the heat at this point). Rest the mixture cool for 10-12 minutes.
- Beat egg and mixture well together with a hand mixture. You can use a piping bag here with a star tip to transfer the mixture.
- Take a large pot and heat it on medium flame, to fry the churros, add oil to it. After properly heating the oil, give 6” long churros to fry for cutting; use a small scissor. Fry it well until it looks brown. Frying it properly takes no more than 5 minutes. You can fry 4 churros at one time.
- Take off the churros with tongs and directly roll them in cinnamon sugar. After that, place the churros on a cooking stand.
- Use a saucepan for the chocolate dipping sauce and keep it on over medium flame. Add chocolate chips, hot cream, and heavy cream over it, boil, and stir it. After setting the sauce, add salt and cinnamon and whisk until combined.
- Pour the chocolate dipping sauce over the churros and serve it.
- Total Fat: 11-15 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2-4 grams
- Cholesterol: 0-5 milligrams
- Calories: 210-250 calories
3. Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
This tasty and simple meal is famous in Mexico. This is a combined item with cheese, chicken, and tomatoes inside tortillas.
- Cheddar Cheese: 8-ounce (grated)
- Red Bell Pepper: 2 (chopped)
- Boneless Chicken: 1-pound
- Monterey Jack Cheese: 8-ounce (shredded)
- Vegetable Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Green Bell Peppers: 2 (chopped)
- Onion: 1-chopped
- Bacon Bits: 1 tablespoon
- Flour Tortillas: 10 (10 inches)
- Fajita Seasoning: 1-packet
(Cooking Time: 55 minutes)
- Use a baking sheet and grease it. Use fajita seasoning to toss the chicken and track the chicken on the baking sheet. Cook the chicken under the broiler until pink.
- Set oven temperature to 175 °C (350 °F).
- Take a large saucepan and put it under medium heat. Stir in the chicken, red bell pepper, onion, and green bell pepper. Cook it properly until the vegetables are done.
- Divide the vegetable and chicken mixture; steam the half tortilla with this mixture. Throw in some bacon bits, some Monterey Jack, and some cheddar. Wrap half the tortillas and bake them on a baking sheet for 10 minutes. Quesadillas are done when the cheese has melted.
4. Mexican Lasagna
It is the most cheesy, flavorful, juicy, and smoky dish in Mexico that anyone loves to eat. This quick and simple recipe is always a crowd-pleaser.
- Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese: 4 cups (divided and shredded)
- Ripe Olives: 4 ounces (sliced)
- Mild Salsa: 16 ounces
- Green Chilies: 4 ounces (chopped)
- Refried Beans: 16 ounces
- Hot Salsa: 2-tablespoons
- Ground Beef: 2-pounds
- Sour Cream: 2-cups
- Lasagna Noodles: 12 ounces (uncooked)
- Water: 2-cups
- Taco Seasoning: 1-envelope
- Tomato: 1-chopped
- Green onions: 3-chopped
(Cooking Time: 1 Hour 20 minutes)
- Take a large pan, cook the beef over it on medium flame, and add taco seasoning, beans, hot salsa, and chilies. Stir it and cook it properly.
- Grease the baking sheet and layer it with meat and noodles mixture. Add 1 cup of cheese. When building layers, follow the same steps again.
- Pour the top with tomatoes, olives, sour cream, and onions. Bake it properly until it’s done properly.
Burrito was prepared in the nineteenth century by Mexican Americans. This delicious dish contains beans, rice, sour cream, vegetables, tortillas, and salsa. This satisfying meal can be an easy lunch for everyone.
- Mexican Tomato Rice or Cooked Rice: 500g
- Kidney Beans or Black Beans With Can Water: 400g can.
- Beef: 500g minced
- Flour or Corn Tortillas: 8
- Tomatoes: 400g can (chopped)
- Sunflower Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Ground Cumin: 1 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 chopped
- Ground Coriander: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Cloves: 4 chopped
- Dried Oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (depends on your taste)
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Sliced Chopped Tomatoes, Red Onion, Guacamole or Avocado, Grated Cheddar Cheese, Slice Live Halves, Soured Cream, Sliced Red Chili, and Shredded Lettuce.
(Cooking Time 30 Minutes)
- Take a large pan and heat the oil on a medium flame. Add onions and fry them for about 8 minutes. After that, add oregano, spices, and garlic cloves and stir it for 1 min. Then add minced beef over it and cook until it looks brown.
- Sizzle the beef and stir in the sugar for 1 minute. Then, add chopped tomatoes and vinegar. Bring to boil for 5 minutes. Stir it for about 20 minutes to cook the beef thick and gravy.
- You can also prepare this sauce for a minimum of 2 days and keep it frozen for 6 months.
- First, make the tortillas according to the package directions to make burritos. Put the beef sauce and rice along each tortilla made with your choice of toppings. Cover half of this and roll it. You can also secure it with foil paper. Serve immediately with lime halves.
This original traditional Mexican dish has juicy meat, cheese, beans, and vegetable toppings. The dish is also known as picadita.
- Chicken Breast: 2 cups (cooked, shredded)
- Queso Fresco: ½-cup (crumbled)
- Masa Harina: 2-cup
- Shortening: ¼-cup
- Warm Water: 1 and 1/3 cups
- Refried Beans: 1-cup
- Salt: 1-teaspoon
- Lettuce: 1-cup (shredded)
- Salsa: 1-cup (divided)
(Cooking Time: 40 Minutes)
- Take a small bowl; mix salt, masa harina, and water. Use your hands to knead this mixture until it forms a smooth ball. Divide the dough into 16 sections. Fry the dough by turning frequently in a frying pan on a medium flame for about 5 minutes or until it’s brown. To fry the remaining dough, simply repeat the previous steps. Once the dough is done properly, rest it to cool.
- Cook ½ cup salsa and chicken on medium flame in a small saucepan. Stir it From time to time. Melt shortening with a large skillet. Cook sopes properly until it’s brown and crispy. Put the sopes in the paper towels to the straight.
- Make a layer of each sopes with chicken mixture, refried beans, and remaining salsa for topping. Add queso fresco and lettuce over it. Enjoy this meal immediately.
7. Mexican New Green Chile on Pizza
Chicken and roasted green chili give a unique taste to this recipe that anyone craves. This is a fully flavorful Mexican pizza.
- Green Chile: ½-cup (diced)
- All-purpose Flour: 1 ¾ to 2 ¼-cups
- Chicken Breasts: 2-cup (cubed, cut and cooked)
- Yeast: 1-envelope
- Mozzarella Cheese: 1 ½-cup (shredded)
- Pizza Sauce: 1-cup
- Sugar: 1 ½-teaspoon
- Corn Oil: 3-tablespoon
- Warm Water: 2/3-cup
- Parmesan Cheese: ½-cup (shredded)
- Salt: ¾-teaspoon
(Cooking Time: 30 Minutes)
- Make sure to preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Mix sugar, yeast, salt, and 1 cup flour with oil and water in a medium bowl. Gradually add the remaining flour and knead this well until it’s dough smooth.
- Rest it for 12 minutes.
- Circle the dough into 12”. Grease the pizza pan with butter. Place the pizza dough on the greased pizza pan. First, pour 1 cup of pizza sauce over it. Then spread parmesan and mozzarella cheese; set the top with green Chile and chicken.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
8. Chicken Fajitas
The dish is wrapped with flavorful chicken and vegetables that make this item tastier. This mouthwatering dish can be a dinner-best item.
- Chicken Thighs: 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless
- Avocados: 2 peeled
- Fresh Lime Juice: 2 tablespoons (squeezed)
- Red And Green Capsicums: 3-large strips
- Garlic Clove: 1-large (minced)
- Cumin: 1 ½-teaspoons (ground)
- Red Onion: 1-sliced
- Cilantro: 1 tablespoon chopped (it’s optional)
- Ground Chili: 1/2- 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: 1 tablespoon
(Cooking Time: 30 Minutes)
- Mix the ingredients of chili, oil, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, garlic, and salt with chicken in a large bowl. Marinate it for 30 minutes.
- Put the pan over a medium heat and add the oil. The chicken should be seared until browned on both sides. When the chicken is done cooking, rest on a platter for a few minutes.
- Add the onions and peppers to the same pan and sauté them until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Prepare chicken breast strips. Serve with your chosen fillings, sliced avocado, tortillas, and chopped cilantro.
9. Chicken Enchiladas
This typical Mexican food is folded with your favorite fillings. The dish is roll-up with chicken, cheese, onion, beans, green chilies, and tortillas.
- Red Enchilada Sauce: 1-batch
- Chicken Breasts: 1.5 pounds (diced, skinless, and boneless)
- Flour Tortillas: 8-large
- Onion: 1 (chopped)
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese: 3-cups
- Green Chilies: 4 ounces (diced)
- Black Beans: 1-can (drain)
- Cracked Black Pepper and Sea Salt: as required
- Sour Cream, Grated Mozzarella Cheese, Chopped Red Onions, and Cilantro
(Cooking Time: 1 Hour)
- Set oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the oil in a big saucepan and heat it over medium. Cook onion in the oil for 2 minutes. Add green Chiles, pepper, chicken, and salt. Stir it until the chicken is done.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, add the beans to the chicken and stir to incorporate. Cool the mixture by transferring it to a platter.
- Set the enchiladas with the prepared chicken mixture, enchilada sauce, cheese, and tortillas. To lay the tortilla, pour 2 tablespoons of sauce over it. Also, add the chicken mixture in the middle of the tortilla. Spatter with 1/3 cup cheese. Then, roll the tortillas. Grease the baking dish with butter. Place the rolled tortillas onto the baking sheet, then bake it for about 20 minutes until the enchiladas are cooked properly. When the tortillas become crispy from the outside, understand your enchiladas are ready.
- Serve immediately with toppings.
10. Coconut Horchata (horchata de coco)
Coconut horchata is a sweet and creamy drink with a vanilla flavor. This is a rice-based and traditional drink in Mexico.
- Long-grain White Rice: 2-cups
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk: 1-cup
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Boiling Water: 2-cups
- Sugar: 2/3-cups
- Cinnamon: 1-stick crushed (for garnish)
- Cheesecloth (for straining)
- Coconut Water: 2 cups (unsweetened)
(Cooking Time: 4 hours)
- Keep rice, water, cinnamon, and water altogether in a bowl. Rest it for overnight or 4 hours.
- Drain the mixture and place it in a blender the next day. Add 2 cups of coconut water at a time and blend it until the liquid is smooth and becomes a milky color. Use cheesecloth to strain it and put it into a pitcher.
- Take a saucepan on a low flame. Heat sugar, salt, and coconut milk for about 4 minutes. Set aside for cool. When it’s cool, properly add the rice mixture to the pitcher. Stir it well. Serve it with grated cinnamon and ice on top.
What Is Authentic Mexican Food Like?
Authentic Mexican food is always flavorful and tasty. Some real authentic Mexican food are: posole, guacamole, sopes and tostadas, tortillas, Chiles in nogada, burrito, pozole, tacos, Mexican lasagna, Tortas de Tamales, chilaquiles, churros, etc. all the foodies agrees on the line that new Mexican food recipes are more tastiest.
What Is the Healthiest Mexican Food to Order?
Some healthiest menu items can be eaten at any time of the day, either dinner or lunch. The healthiest Mexican foods that you should order are tortilla soup, A La carte Tostada, fish or shrimp tacos, mole, Giant shrimp dish, chicken fajitas, rice and veggies with grilled salmon and black beans, burrito, Goat birria, Guacamelo, etc.
It was about nine thousand years ago when the Mexican kitchen began. Over the centuries, Mexicans cook their food according to taste and tradition. Mexican food is the world’s best food for the millions. Here, I try to narrate the famous and newest Mexican food recipe. We hope this article will be helpful for those who are searching for New Mexican food recipes. Happy eating!!
You May Also Like to Read:
- Pakistani Rice Recipes
- Bengali Fish Dishes
- Bengali Breakfast Menu
- Indian Food That Starts With N
- Different Types of Laddu